WT-UN: The Bottom Line

by comment 6 Replies latest jw friends

• comment
    comment

When the Watchtower Society applied to become a UN NGO, they HAD TO AGREE TO SUPPORT THE UN.

It *doesn't matter* what their purpose in applying was. It could have been to further the preaching work, to be more like all the other religions, or to get Lloyd Barry's wife off his back because she'd been bugging him for weeks about how much fun it would be to do something with the UN. It doesn't matter.

They HAD TO AGREE TO SUPPORT THE UN. The scarlet-colored wild beast with the harlot on its back. The disgusting thing.

So either:

1) They have supported the UN and are part of the harlot, which means they lied to the brothers.

2) They lied to the UN, which means they will have to start supporting it now, get kicked out, or resign their NGO status.

And no matter what happens now, they were involved in spiritual "loose conduct" for ten years. Weren't they concerned about brothers and interested ones who might be stumbled if they learned about the Society's questionable choice of worldly association? (1 Corinthians 15:33)

Just remember that when they joined:

They HAD TO AGREE TO SUPPORT THE UN.

comment

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

It looks to me like they have already been supporting the UN!
    They have been disseminating their information now for some time!
    http://thetruthhurts.freeservers.com/

• ballistic
    ballistic

I can't quite remember the scriptural basis for this, but do you remember that JW quote about Jesus removing the holy spirit from a congregation because of something he was agrieved about?

• comment
    comment

Randy,

I would agree with that, at least in terms of publicizing UN activities that would generally be considered "positive." That is, of course, undercut by the other statements over the last 10 years about the scarlet-colored wild beast and the UN's inability to accomplish its goals.

But I think the fact that they HAD TO AGREE TO SUPPORT THE UN is the single most powerful fact that's emerged from this. Nobody can argue with it.

The UN says: "Yes, they had to agree to support us, or we wouldn't have made them a UN NGO."

The Watchtower Society says: "Hmm, er, well, no, we really didn't agree to do that quite in the sense that..."

The UN says: "Here's your signature on the dotted line. You read the terms and conditions."

No matter how anyone evaluates the evidence of the 10 following years, the Watchtower Society indisputably had to make that initial commitment. They HAD TO AGREE TO SUPPORT THE UN. And we know how the UN has always been condemned in Watchtower publications.

comment

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I agree comment but remember this

They VOLUNTARILY did it too.

This word, VOLUNTARILY in this case is what we consider a "BIG HOG".

The WTS VOLUNTARILY SOLICITED AND VOLUNTARILY AGREED TO "SUPPORT AN RESPECT THE CHARTER OF THE UN" and also the principals and thus the UN.

Never mind the fact they also agreed to promote the beast.

hawk

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

With all the info on the NGO/UN thing, I sent the urls off to a friend, one is shocked, the other replied several days later with a verse Prov. 3:5,6 I can't believe he is that brain dead now. Nothing fazes some of these people, I guess he will be waiting up nights for the new light that will be fortcoming. God I can't believe it.

My daughter had a visist from two assholes (elders) and they were concerned by her lack of attendance, said she has to pray mroe, attend meetings *sure* and the topper of em all GO OUT IN FIELD SERVICE FOR GOSH SAKES they really don't have a clue. Their Org is in bed with the beast (beastiality ???) And they cant see the tree for the forest. my $.02 Buff

• Jourles
    Jourles

The "new-light" that we will see will most likely be directed towards a dead man. If the Society realizes that they cannot provide legitimate spin control on this matter, all they have to do is point a finger. In this case, Brother Lloyd Barry, deceased, and formerly of the Governing Body, will now be exposed as being a former apostate in sheep's clothing. They did it before. What is to stop them from pointing a finger at a dead man when they can do it just as well to a living one(RF)? Many brothers and sisters would be completely shell-shocked to hear that Bro. Barry was an apostate. I know my mother for one always said that Bro. Barry was her favorite of all the GB members. Not sure why, she never met the man. I guess she liked the way he talked!

Maybe a new thread should be started just for "new light" guesses on this UN matter. I think that would be fun to hear some of your ideas. As it was stated on another thread, all new light comes from the apostates anyway...

Jourles

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit