Another Hurdle

by brainfcked 3 Replies latest forum tech-support

• brainfcked
    brainfcked

With the help of this discussion forum and the internet I can honestly admit to myself that the JWs do not have the truth. So now I know that God is not going to destroy me "really soon" and I am not spiritually dead even though I was DF'd in 1976. Being raised JW from the age of 5 with a zealous mother and un believing father was not easy. But, that's a whole other story.

The hurdle here is, even though the JW armegeddon obviously is not impending....

How long will it take mankind to obliterate ourselfs with WMDs? Is there an out?

Maybe I just can't get past the gloom.

BFD

• prophecor
    prophecor

Even thru this situation, 911, the war and everything in between, my faith still exist in God , that he will tollerate but so much before having to act. He will have to, eventually. Man is on a pre-eminent course of self destruction. The planet, the people and everything around him. We are wonderfully made, yes, our focus however is on the things we have created. Our cars, our bombs and bridges. We need to recognise that we are spiritual beings, first. Part animal, part angel, and a chaotic blend in the middle.

• brainfcked
    brainfcked

Somehow I posted this under tech support.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

brainfcked, first off, welcome to the forum.

The feeling of impending doom is something that every Jehovah's Witness lives with throughout their involvement with this organization and their exit. What you are experiencing is very normal. Your not crazy or deluded. You have been exposed to a compelling idea, wrapped in a deceit and misinformation. You may know that what you have been taught is incorrect, but the some of the controls imbedded in you will be with you beyond your basic realization of "this ain't right". One of those controls is that the world is about to destroy itself.

Here's news for you. People have thought their world was going to destroy itself, imminently, throughout history.

In fact, the biggest real destruction of humanity happened to people, which endangered all humanity, nearly 400 years ago.

What you feeling is okay. It's what happens to people involved with the watchtower, or any other imminent destruction sect.

You'll be okay, just talk to people who have been through the same situation as yourself.

steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit