ability to digest milk - prove of natural selection in humans?

by DannyBloem 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Found this scientific article:

basically it is found that early europeans (7000 years ago) were mostly lacking the gene that makes it posible to digest milk.
    modern europeans have this gene for 90%

They argue that the gene has advantage for childhood survival and therefore has become dominant.
    this proves natural section at work. (the finds have to be confirmed of course, before conclusions can be made)

What your opinion about it?

Full story: http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11261-early-europeans-unable-to-stomach-milk.html

Danny B

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Very likely, yes. Another selection process involves the gene that causes Sickle Cell Anemia in bioregions with malarial parasites. Our evolution is an ongoing process. What will we be in another million years?

Dave

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

not totally conclusive but strong evidence and a great hypothesis. Another strong clue that natural selection is just undeniable unless you are an ostrich and bury your head in the sand creationist

• TD
  • badboy
    badboy

I REMEMBER READING SOMEWHERE THAT PALAEOLITHIC/NEOLITHIC MAN WAS MENTIONED

• return visitor
    return visitor

To be fare, I don't think that the WTS ever said that there was no natural selection only that it doesn't prove evolution only adaptation. They say that things do adapt to there environment. They say that certain traits can be brought out, look at all of the different type of dogs but no matter how much you breed special traits a dog will never evolve into something else. However, I dissagree, I can see too much evidence of evolution to discount it.

RV

• 5go
    5go

Found this scientific article:

basically it is found that early europeans (7000 years ago) were mostly lacking the gene that makes it posible to digest milk.
    modern europeans have this gene for 90%

They argue that the gene has advantage for childhood survival and therefore has become dominant.
    this proves natural section at work. (the finds have to be confirmed of course, before conclusions can be made)

What your opinion about it?

I hate to rain on your parade but don't all mamals have to digest milk for survival. I mean how could a mamal family exist at all with this problem.

I mean you would not have any young in the first place to start the species with.

• rassillon
    rassillon

Children of all races can digest milk because their bodies produce lactase.

The ability diminishes (production of lactase) as they grow older with the ability to digest milk going from least to most Asian - Black - White.

-r

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit