claymation video made by some JW's

by cognizant dissident 8 Replies latest jw friends

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

A JW friend of mine who used to be very close to me just sent me a link to this video made by some dubs. She knows I'm inactive but hasn't said a word about it to me. Do you think she is trying to send me a not too subtle message with this video?

http://mediaphil.free.fr/Fun/JW/3DPreach/flvplayer.html

Cog

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

This video made me throw up a little in my mouth...

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I know, it's a little bit creepy isn't it? Like some sort of mind control cartoon aimed at children. The JW who sent it to me thought it was cute?

Cog

• DJK
    DJK

I have trouble believing this was made by JWs. Even more disbelief that the WBTS approved it because their logo isn't plastered all over it.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Well, I have no proof it was made by JW's, it is circulating amoung witnesses I know as made by brothers. I can't think of anyone else except for JW's who could capture so perfectly the mindset of the average dub towards service and the people they meet in the ministry.

As for the second point, I never claimed the society approved it. There have been quite a few cases where artistic dubs, musicians, etc, have taken it upon themselves to do something creative that they think will have a positive effect on people who see it, only to be slammed by the society afterwards for showing independence in doing their own thing without watchtower approval. I'm sure when this video gets to the right PO, CO, DO and on to bethel it will be yanked post haste!

Cog

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

A related thread and comments:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/129839/1.ashx

-Aude.

Edited to correct the link.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Thanks Aude

I didn't realize this video had already been posted.

Cog

• Scully
    Scully

Why are these Brothers™ and Sisters™ wasting so much time on silly hobbies instead of going out in Service™?

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

I wonder if they're counting time for each view?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit