Why does the WTS only look for righteous members?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Mark 2:13-17

Jesus went out again beside the lake; the whole crowd gathered around him, and he taught them. As he was walking along, he saw Levi son of Alphaeus sitting at the tax booth, and he said to him, ‘Follow me.’ And he got up and followed him.

And as he sat at dinner in Levi’s house, many tax-collectors and sinners were also sitting with Jesus and his disciples—for there were many who followed him. When the scribes of the Pharisees saw that he was eating with sinners and tax-collectors, they said to his disciples, ‘Why does he eat with tax-collectors and sinners?’ When Jesus heard this, he said to them, ‘Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick; I have come to call not the righteous but sinners.’

The WTS are like the Pharisees.They only look for members who seem righteous.The ELDERS,PIONEERS,MS,PO'S,CO'S,and just about anyone with a position are held to a high regard.If you do not want to reach for any position,you are considered"' weak in the faith.''

Why does the WTS always look down on anyone who is ''SPIRITUALLY WEAK.''

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I think it's mainly because what Jehovah's Witnesses have to offer is directed toward those who are vulnerable. People who are secure with who they are and have a healthy sense of self-worth don't pay them a moment's notice. Those who are depressed or frustrated or mistreated are ripe for the initial message of paradise that they bring to the door.

The problem is that the message doesn't deal with the underlying issues. The belief that one day God is going to fix everything, doesn't address the fact that this person has self-esteem issues, or problems relating in a healthy manner with those around them. So the meetings, field service, personal study, and the rest keep the person sufficiently occupied so that they don't realize that they are still the same person with the same frightening debilitations, just in a new, rigid environment.

Seeing people "fall away" scares the beejeesus out of someone who deep down doubts their own self-worth and ability to stand up and handle what life thows at them. That could be them. They could catch what that person has. They could hear what that weak brother or sister was listening to and "fall" into weakness themselves.

Honestly it's one of the stronger proofs that they don't have the truth. Those truly aligned with the most powerful being in the universe would worry more about how they could help more not whether or not they were getting too close or in danger of catching what the spiritually weak person had.

• pierogi
    pierogi

Thanks R&R for those scriptures. Does the WTBTS completely leave this scripture out when DFing people for associating with DFed people?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Words like righteous, loyal, strong-minded, are "god" words that inspire people to a cause.

The use of "god" words in any kind of propaganda causes members to believe they are on the side of right and truth.

It is pure manipulation of members by the leaders. And it is designed to control.

The WTS uses it quite effectively as do politicians and advertizers

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Power Words

There are words that are hardly noticed. There are words that stand out. And there are words which stand out so much they almost seem to have some kind of special power. If you know these words and know how to use them, then you, too, can wield this power.

God words

Sometimes words arise in a society or even across societies which, like a God, demand absolute obedience. When they are invoked, you rebuke them at your peril. If I say 'Racial equality is important' then you will be taking your life in your hands to say 'No, racial equality is not important'.

God words often indicate beliefs, attitudes and values, which can be utilized by the attentive persuader. For example if I hear you talking about people being hurt, I might deduce that you have a strong value about safety and hence sell you a car based on its airbags and crumple zones.

There's even a word for it: when words become 'canonized', they become unchallengeable, in a similar way that a particularly good person is canonized into sainthood.

http://changingminds.org/techniques/language/persuasive/power_words.htm

• pierogi
    pierogi

Sorry, nevermind about my comment. I'm confused bewteen the scriptures you posted and 1 Corinthians 5:11. The society DFs people for associating with DFed people and they use the 1Cor 5:11 (about anyone calling themself brother but is......not even eating with such a man) to back it up, but in Mark 2:13-17 Jesus is eating with sinners. Is it b/c those people weren't called brothers? How are you considered a brother, if you are baptized? And in 1Cor 5:12-13 is it saying it is okay to judge those inside while God judges those on the outside? Sorry that this is off topic a bit, but I'm confused!

• greendawn
    greendawn

As it says in Matthew 12:20, "A BATTERED REED HE WILL NOT BREAK OFF, AND A SMOLDERING WICK HE WILL NOT PUT OUT, UNTIL HE LEADS JUSTICE TO VICTORY." it's a verse taken from Isaiah chapter 42 which is a prophesy about Christ. It gives the attitude that one should have towards the weak and in comparison to this the JW attitude is demonically harsh. Christianity is all about love and forgiveness something that has gone completely over their heads.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Pierogi

My favorite Elder was dropped and demoted a couple of years ago because he went to a wedding banquet where there were some disfellowshipped members.He didn't know that they would be there.He didn't sit at their table.He was told that since he saw that there were some former members there,he should of left the wedding reception.

I asked him why didn't he use Mark 2:13-17.Jesus ate with sinners and tax collectors.He was told by the WTS that Jesus had to eat with them so they would hear his message.What a twisting of scriptures by the WTS!

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Why does the WTS only look for righteous members?

Advertising - they attempt to portray that it is actually possible to follow their rules, and earn the divine - they seek out examples for show

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit