Surviving Armageddon

by Clam 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Clam
    Clam

From - [email protected]

Date - 24th Feb 2007 16:02:44

To - [email protected]

Subject - Armageddon Survivors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wassssuuuuuuppppppp

Sorry to be a pain, but I'd love some clarification on what defines those who survive the Big A. I'd always understood that each human was to be taken on his/her own merit, regardless of faith. After all it gives all non Christians a fighting chance, LOL. With this in mind I’d kind of scattered my limited resources, tempting all and sundry throughout the earth. Apart from the obvious justice of it all, I had also relied on what was put in the book Jehovah’s Witnesses in the 20th Century , 1978, p 27, which says -

"Do they believe that they are the only ones who will be saved? No. ... Jesus admonished that we should not be judging one another. We tend to look on the outward appearance. God looks on the heart." (Jehovah’s Witnesses in the 20th Century, 1978, p 27)

Ok, then the other day, one of the demons, after perusing an apostate bulletin board, points this out -

"You must be part of Jehovah’s organization, doing God’s will, in order to receive his blessing of everlasting life." (You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth, 1982, p256)

You’ve got to be kidding?! I really need to know what’s what here or how in hell (geddit?) can I do my job?

Satan

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Good post!

I just want to add my question....Since I am pretty sure I am going to be killed in the big "A"......should I wait till it starts to kill all my loved ones(especially my innocent little baby), or should I do it now to ensure I don't miss the "time limit"....when the doors are closed..?

(This is meant to be a "joke" but, it really isn't funny now that I actually put it in writing.....makes me sick to think some people actually are so wrapped up in their false teachings that doing that makes sense to them.)

• blondie
    blondie

w577/1p.416Announcements***

During the days of Noah the great Deluge wiped out every vestige of the world that then existed. A like fate awaits this present evil world. The question, then, is: How is survival possible? In the Flood it was only through God’s protective provision, the ark of safety. It is only true worshipers of Jehovah today, those who learn of God’s gracious provision for safety and act on it, who will receive his protection at the war of Armageddon. To be under that protection means life; to be outside it means death.

w899/1p.19par.7RemainingOrganizedforSurvivalIntotheMillennium***

Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. (Revelation 7:9-17; 2 Corinthians 4:4) They will make up the "flesh" that Jesus Christ said would be saved through the worst tribulation of all human history.

w9912/1p.18par.15BeHappyReadersoftheBookofRevelation***

The message is clear: If we want to survive Armageddon, we must remain spiritually alert and keep the symbolic garments that identify us as faithful Witnesses of Jehovah God. Happy we will be if we avoid spiritual lethargy and continue without letup, sharing zealously in spreading the "everlasting good news" of God’s established Kingdom.—Revelation 14:6.

slchap.14p.252par.26WhenMan’sOldOrderMakesWayforGod’sNewOrder***

With the destruction of religious Babylon the Great, the first part of the "great tribulation" predicted by Jesus Christ closes. (Matthew 24:21, 22; see also Daniel 12:1.) The critical point of time on earth will now have been reached! The surviving Christian witnesses of Jehovah will stand as the only worshipers of the one living and true God, Creator of heaven and earth.

• 5go
    5go

I think this is self explanetory

If the GB or an Elder body don't like you you are bird food. End of story.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Who gets saved at armageddon changes from moment to moment..WBT$ can`t make up thier mind..It could be anyone,it could be only a certain group..Maybe it`s this,maybe it`s that..Right now it`s..Doctor ..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Matthew 7:21

"not everyone saying to me "Lord Lord" will enter into the Kingdom of the Heavens, but the one doing the will of my father who is in the heavens will."

Notice the Watchtowers interpretation/addition to this scripture;

"You must be part of Jehovah’s organization, doing God’s will, in order to receive his blessing of everlasting life." (You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth, 1982, p256)

Why do we have to be a part of an organised religion to be saved when the Bible states simply that all is required is the doing of God's will?

LFCV

• Faded-out
    Faded-out

Blondie, I guess that means we must all go back to the borg, before t's too late. I mean if the WTS printed it, it must be right...lol.

Megsmomma, I actually had a conversation with a dub once about that, how I just could never accept that this loving god of thiers would kill babies and children. I said "the thought of that makes me sick, doesn't it make you sick?" They said "No, most children these days grow up to be bad people anyways and they deserve it"

I almost puked. I can't believe that I actually though that way once. I'm so glad I'm out of that religion.

Faded-out

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit