Did Bethel play music or the radio in the factory to alleivate boredom?

by truthseeker 6 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Just curious for all those Bethelites who worked in the factory at Bethel - did you have the radio playing or were you allowed to listen to your own music?

I'm trying to imagine what it must be like working in the bindery with no music during 8 hour days.

Or did you work in step with Jehovah's Orgainzation to the Kingdom melodies?

• DJK
    DJK

I visited the Bethel farm in the late sixties. There was no music playing. The Beatles were popular then but Love,love me do wasn't with Bethel.

• Highlander
    Highlander

I imagine that the only music they would allow while 'working' at bethel, would be the kingdumb melodies. That being said, I don't think you'll ever hear music being played there

during work time.

• Tristram
    Tristram

I never went to Bethel, but did work secularly in printing for a time. I would have gone crazy without my Walkman.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I worked on the 5th floor bindry and I can assure you there was NOOOOO music. I dont think we even whistled or hummed. You have to understand with all the tours coming thru to look at the fishes, the last thing they wanted to do was give the impression we were like the world listning to the radio or something.

The only way you could sneak and listen is if you worked out of the public view. For the time I was in the balor room I would sneak some sounds in.

• Badger
    Badger

You're assuming that the GB thinks that boredom is something that needs to be alleivated.

I temped there for a year one month and, no, no music.

• juni
    juni

Dedicated to all of you former Bethelites or present who may be lurking here.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6D_ZZdq1-tA

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit