Who Is Johannes Greber Anyway?? What is the Society hiding???

by Lady Liberty 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Hello everyone,

For those of you who have no idea who I am talking about I invite you to take a moment and find out how this person played a part in the translation of John 1:1 for the New World Translation. Regardless of wether you believe in the Trinity or not, you will certainly be shocked and disgusted at where the Society quotes from this source.

Just thought you oughta know!!

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/who_is_greber.htm

The Watchtower Observer © 1999 - All rights reserved
    If you want to use any of (the content on) these pages, you will have to use the pages unaltered, and make a link from your page to the original page. I have seen my pages being used and altered for purposes in which I do not agree, and I will demand such pages removed from the web.

observerlogo.gif (6459 bytes)

WHO IS JOHANNES GREBER?

http://www.observer.org/greber/greber.asp

The Watchtower Bible & Tract society has always sought scholarly support for its theology. The trouble is, sometimes they have difficulty finding it. In several Watchtower publications, the Society cites a work of Johannes Greber as supporting its theology.(See below) Greber's stand on many major doctrines is identical to that of the Watchtower society. He does not believe in the Trinity and denies that Jesus is God.

In His own translation of the New Testament, Greber translates John 1:1 in a way strikingly similar to the Society's NEW WORLD TRANSLATION. He calls Jesus, or the Word, a god, rather than God. Both Watchtower publications, MAKE SURE OF ALL THINGS, page 489, and THE WORD WHO IS HE ACCORDING TO JOHN, page 5, quote his translation to support their own rendering of that verse.

A look into Greber's background proves most enlightening. In 1923, Greber, a Roman Catholic priest, became interested in communication with spirit beings. These spirits often spoke through his wife, a spirit medium, and told him the Bible was full of errors. The Bible clearly forbids all contact with demons professing to bring messages from God. Knowing this, the Society has even attempted to hinder research about Greber by informing inquirers writing them in 1981, that they do not know where his new Testament can be obtained.3 Yet, we have a copy of an official Watchtower letter sent to the Greber Foundation dated December 20, 1980 thanking them for sending their New Testament and a book entitled COMMUNICATION WITH THE SPIRIT WORLD OF GOD.

The Watchtower Society first began quoting Greber's translation on John 1:1 in 1962. To show the depths of their deception and that they knew what they were doing, we find that six years earlier, in the 1956 Watchtower, page 111, the Society mentions Greber and warns readers against his demon-inspired translation!

We would like to add our own warning for all Jehovah's Witnesses and Bible believers. Beware of the Watchtower's own NEW WORLD TRANSLATION, for it has been tainted by the teachings of demons.

1 - THE WORD, WHO IS HE? -- ACCORDING TO JOHN, 1962, p. 5;

2 - AID TO BIBLE UNDERSTANDING, 1971, pp. 1134, 1669;

3 - MAKE SURE OF ALL THINGS, 1965, p. 489;

4 - WATCHTOWER, September 15, 1962, p. 554,

5 - WATCHTOWER, October 15, 1975, p. 640;

6 - WATCHTOWER, April 15, 1976, p. 231.

The Watchtower is deliberately lying!

Just take a look at the dates of these two letters:

So, in 1981 the Watchtower Society didn't know any place to get the Greber Translation? That's a blatant lie! Just take a look at this letter the Watchtower Society did send to The JOHANNES GREBER MEMORIAL FOUNDATION about a year before - December 20. 1980:

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Rooster
    Rooster
    A look into Greber's background proves most enlightening. In 1923, Greber, a Roman Catholic priest, became interested in communication with spirit beings. These spirits often spoke through his wife, a spirit medium, and told him the Bible was full of errors. The Bible clearly forbids all contact with demons professing to bring messages from God. Knowing this, the Society has even attempted to hinder research about Greber by informing inquirers writing them in 1981, that they do not know where his new Testament can be obtained.3 Yet, we have a copy of an official Watchtower letter sent to the Greber Foundation dated December 20, 1980 thanking them for sending their New Testament and a book entitled COMMUNICATION WITH THE SPIRIT WORLD OF GOD.

Good find. My brother e-mailed me this link the other day!!

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

This is what I found on the CD-rom regarding Mr. Greber.

w834/1p.31QuestionsFromReaders***

Questions

FromReaders

¦

Why,inrecentyears,hasTheWatchtowernotmadeuseofthetranslationbytheformerCatholicpriest,JohannesGreber?

This translation was used occasionally in support of renderings of Matthew 27:52, 53 and John 1:1, as given in the NewWorldTranslation and other authoritative Bible versions. But as indicated in a foreword to the 1980 edition of TheNewTestament by Johannes Greber, this translator relied on "God’s Spirit World" to clarify for him how he should translate difficult passages. It is stated: "His wife, a medium of God’s Spiritworld was often instrumental in conveying the correct answers from God’s Messengers to Pastor Greber." TheWatchtower has deemed it improper to make use of a translation that has such a close rapport with spiritism. (Deuteronomy 18:10-12) The scholarship that forms the basis for the rendering of the above-cited texts in the NewWorldTranslation is sound and for this reason does not depend at all on Greber’s translation for authority. Nothing is lost, therefore, by ceasing to use his NewTestament.

• Lady Liberty
  • Lady Liberty
  • freyd
    freyd

The Watchtower. 2/15/56.pg.108 ".....until I was forty-eight years old had never as much as believed in the possibility of communicating with the world of God's spirits. The day came, however, when I involuntarily took my first step toward such communication and experienced things that shook me...."

• Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit