Beth Sarim Revisited 4 Newbies

by Farkel 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

Here is another deception that almost escaped my eye:

: 1975 Yearbook
    : *** yb75 193-4 United States of America (Part Two) ***
    CLOSING DAYS AT BETH-SARIM

: “In time, a direct contribution was made for the purpose of constructing a house in San Diego for Brother Rutherford’s use. It was not built at the expense of the Watch Tower Society. Concerning this property, the 1939 book Salvation stated: “At San Diego, California, there is a small piece of land, on which, in the year 1929, there was built a house, which is called and known as Beth-Sarim.”

While it is true that the HOUSE itself did sit on a SMALL piece of land (most houses do), the Beth-Sarim property consisted of a number of lots of contiguous land comprising approximately 100 acres.

Hardly "small" by anyone's definition.

The society's use of the word "small" is clearly deceptive, since the house is by far the biggest house in that very prestigious neighborhood.

This quote from the 1975 yearbook was in turn taken from the 1939 book "Salvation." Can anyone guess WHO wrote that book, and therefore that quote?

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• Xena
    Xena

Thank you for that information. I had no idea of any of this stuff...lol was just your typical ignorant JW....wonder how many JW's have an inkling of any of this....

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Farkel,

Wondering?

In time, a direct contribution was made for the purpose of constructing a house in San Diego for Brother Rutherford’s use. It was not built at the expense of the Watch Tower Society.

If it was by direct contribution, and no mention is made in the WT or other WT publications of a special collection of money for that purpose, how did they get the money to pay for it?
    All I can think of is that, JFR must have given special attention to the rich of his flock, and fleeced them for the funds.
    I wonder how much personal attention he gave to the poorer JW's.

And with reguards to the WT definition of small well we know everything is realative ie: 144,000 = little flock.

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • Julie
    Julie

Hi Farkel,

Wow! What a scandal! I knew something of these mansions before but not this much! I found it all interesting but here's a few items of special interest to me.

:“In time, a direct contribution was made for the purpose of constructing a house in San Diego for Brother Rutherford’s use. It was not built at the expense of the Watch Tower Society.

I wonder where the direct contribution came from. We'll probably never know, eh?

:Rutherford even bragged that he had trees and plants that were native to the soil where the ancient worthies lived so they would feel “more at home.” Yeah, right. How much “at home” would they feel when they saw a car drive by, used a toilet or running water for the first time, listened to a radio or heard the telephone ring?

This is such an excellent point. I can't believe no one thought to ask this question back when this statement was made. Maybe some private persons wondered but apparently none of the reporters who wrote the articles you mention. Too bad.

:Well, at least we know Rutherford lived like royalty: he had live-in full-time servants to attend to his every need.

Yes, and if they fell for the same line of crap as all those poor souls at Bethel, they're actually "slaves". Amazing the level of hero-worship given to a man who was so critical of other religions for "idolatry". Stupendous hypocrisy.

I was amazed to read that only four people went to his funeral, and even moreso to find out who those four *weren't*! Wow.

(On a sidenote-I know what you're talking about on the California real estate thing. I often check out properties natiowide and I marvel at what a rat-hole you can get for $2-300,000 out there! Remember dear, we have lots of beaches in Michigan, it's incredibly beautiful and a hell of a lot cheaper to live. Come any time. )

Farkel, this post serves more than one pupose. It not only exposes another big lie from the WT but it highlights how thoroughly people will let themselves be fooled. So sad there are still so many deliberately ignorant, mislead people out there. Something that never ceases to amaze me.

Take care--
    Julie

P.S. I hope you have gotten rid of that bad virus you had, you sounded awful and that was just in e-mail!

• Farkel
    Farkel

Julie,

: : “In time, a direct contribution was made for the purpose of constructing a house in San Diego for Brother Rutherford’s use. It was not built at the expense of the Watch Tower Society.

: I wonder where the direct contribution came from. We'll probably never know, eh?

Who says the WTS doesn't engage in the (unpublicized) selling of Indulgences! Just ask the GB, DOs, COs and other powerful elders. Da Judge set the standard, and it is still practiced today. Anyone who knows anything about the power brokers in the WTS knows this to be true.

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• Julie
    Julie

Hey Farkel--

:Who says the WTS doesn't engage in the (unpublicized) selling of Indulgences! Just ask the GB, DOs, COs and other powerful elders. Da Judge set the standard, and it is still practiced today. Anyone who knows anything about the power brokers in the WTS knows this to be true.

I always find it interesting how much the WT has always borrowed from the Catholic Church of the middle ages. Remarkable.

Julie

• TR
    TR

Farkel,

I appreciate the time and effort you put in to produce your post. Excellent work! I really think you should put your unique observances and writing style into book form. I'll be first in line to buy it.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• Stealth
    Stealth

Farkel, Thanks for this information, very enlightening.

Beth Shan was built under the direction of the WTS with a bomb shelter! About 250 feet from the main house and above the three-foot-thick ceiling of solid concrete was a secret entrance to this shelter in a small bathroom at ground-level. One would have to open the medicine cabinet and pull a concealed lever to gain access to this shelter.
    I was not aware of this property. Since it was not mentioned much by the WTS do you have any other facts about his property? Is there any independent proof of the bomb shelter? Does it still exist today? Have you ever visited this house, or seen the bomb shelter? Those would be some cool pictures.

If you could get us into these houses, I would fly out and bring my digital camera for this project.

Great post.

• Jang
    Jang

: 1975 Yearbook
    : *** yb75 193-4 United States of America
    CLOSING DAYS AT BETH-SARIM

It was comparing this, the day after I got it at the KH, and checking the Salvation book on my bookshelf that was a turning point for me in March 1975. From then on it was a chore to stay in there until armageddon in Oct/Nov.

JanG
    CAIC Website: http://caic.org.au/zjws.htm
    Personal Webpage: http://uq.net.au/~zzjgroen/

• metatron
    metatron

If embarrassment of the Society is desired, someone might want to investigate. Local laws may prohibit burying a body on private
    property outside of a cemetary. DNA testing could determine
    identity.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit