Building paradise

by Paralipomenon 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Okay we're all familiar with the watchtower's hope of a eternal life on a paradise earth. I know as a Witness I never gave it too much thought. I thought of a park with a nice house and a large yard of nicely groomed grass.

Occasionally meeting with Moses or another historical figure of interest. But that was about it.

Since getting out, the more I thought about it, the less eternal life on a paradise earth sounds like a good idea. I thought it might be a fun Friday exercise to post all the things that would need to be handled to make such a utopia possible.

Imagine this, the world has just ended, and we're all there in the aftermath and wondering what to do next.

First off, the world is going to be a mess. Cities and mass industry lying in crumbles, millions of tons of concrete structures lie in a state of ruin.

Okay, first off we are going to need the basics, food and shelter.

Food is okay since we can just start with manna again. It's going to suck after a while eating the same thing day in and day out, but this is paradise! Whooo!

Okay for shelter we need to assign land and start building homes. Hmmm, do we hold a raffle? Draw lots? Large booming voice from heaven? Not sure.

Next you'd be wondering who all made it in. Let's check e-mail. whoops, regular mail? nope. Phone call? Nope. I guess I could drive over there... oh, no cars. Hmmm, anyone know how to ride a horse?

Now the Governing Body and all the remaining anointed were raptured up to heaven in Armageddon. Or were they to live our their lives on earth growing older as everyone else grew younger. I forget.

So things are getting back to the way it was intended in the garden of eden right? Perfect man and woman? Very cool. Remember when Adam and Eve partook of the forbidden fruit and then realized they were naked? That means no more clothes! All those prudes against nudity are in for a great surprise.

"Hey Brother Russell, how's it hanging?"

This is going to be great.

Okay so we strip off our clothes, ride horses but still need to build our homes. Great, lets just head over to the Home Depot for supplies and, oh crap! Anyone here know how to make a hammer? Nails? A saw? Blacksmithing at all?

Oh wait, did Adam have a house in Eden? Wasn't mentioned. Looks like it's to the forest for us. A morning ritual will be picking Manna out of our various creases and orifices in the morning. But hey, we're in paradise!

After a few years the ecosystem is going to be completely out of wack. Someone else can do the math on how many rabbits and mice there would be without a natural predator. Since animals won't kill each other now that means a whole lot of dead rotting carcases lying around. Paradise is starting to smell a bit bad. Jehovah appoints an angel to start control the rabbit population. He is given the lofty title of "Master of Bunny Luv". On weekends he hangs out with the "Ministry of Rodent Affairs".

The angels are going to be delighted! Once they were locked in an epic battle of good over evil, now they can relax and try to stop animals from "doing the deed". An angelic spray bottle will do the trick no doubt. Fill that baby up with cold water and you're good to go for time indefinite. Who knows, maybe this job might be given to one of the lofty members of the 144,000?

Isn't this wonderful so far? Anyone else want to help build paradise with me? You'll get to see me naked!

• Rooster
    Rooster

The teaching of Armageddon by the WTBTS is not what Jesus taught.

***Rbi8Matthew25:31-33***

"When the Son of man arrives in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. 32 and all the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left.

The teaching of Armageddon is just like the teaching on hell, they use is for the fear factor.

• poppers
    poppers

I enjoyed that, Parili.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Very interesting thoughts Parali.

The Left Behind series of books, while fiction, was a very interesting interpretation. They took you from the rapture all the way to Armageddon.

Unless I missed the last book, they never finished the story. I was waiting for their theory about what happened after the great battle = the Big A.

Someone also wrote an excellent short story here on JWD a few months back about JWs & KHs after the Big A.

• R.A.W.
    R.A.W.

I understand that the WTS has given strange ideas about paradise. For all we know, there may be no paradise. But if there is an earthly paradise, I truly doubt that anyone would have to worry about ANYTHING AT ALL. First of all, we wouldn't have to worry about mess. Isn't God powerful enough to clean it? Second, shelter. Why? how neccesary would it be? Really? If people build their own houses, I would think that everyone would be kept safe and healthy through it all. I suppose people might be naked. I don't care. If God is to reside with those on earth, whose to say that he won't make it possible for us to somehow easily communicate with others. None of it matters. Once God's Kingdom comes fully, we will be taken care of no matter what. Did Genesis talk about Adam having a house? Food was provided. They had what they needed. Who cares what the Society teaches. Mostly they're wrong about everything anyway. It's a shame they got us all to fall for it. They hindered us from knowing Jesu and therefore from knowing the truth about him and God. Maybe you don't really believe in God, or in God's Kingdom. Maybe you do. It's hard to tell here because so many people here were wronged by the Society that they lost faith in God. It's funny though because people here act like they don't believe in God, but really they are just stuck with preconcieved ideas from religion. If they could let those go and read the bible with new eyes, and pray for help, they would have a wonderful relationship with God and His Son. It's a shame. One stupid religion could be the excuse people use to stop worshipping God. I don't for one second believe that they don't believe in God. They are either hurt or have just simply stopped loving God and they want to sin so they act like they don't believe. That's their choice and their loss.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

So you disagree with the governing body's stance that it will take 1000 years to clean up the earth? The creation book talks about how complex the earth's ecosystem is and that if it was out of balance life would fail. But that's all out the window in the paradise isn't it?

Why do all the houses in artist's renditions of the paradise have windows? They all have siding too. Things like that take a lumber mill.

What about homes made of wood? Will it never rot or decay?

Witnesses have a perfect utopia of a paradise but most think that they will be waited on hand and foot like rich masters.

Where is the bible reference for life in a paradise being an easy one?

Why does the society speculate on the time of the end, the fulfillment of prophecies but are strangely silent on the matter of what you will do with eternal life.

People are just trained not to think or ask questions about it.

The GB are very selective about what they talk about the paradise. I thought I'd have a bit of fun filling in the blanks where they refuse to address.

Honestly, you want to see an elder get a "divide by zero" mental error? Start asking paradise questions. For something that they intend to spend the rest of their life doing, they haven't given it much thought.

Less new light about channeling the spirits of dead people, more new light on toilets please.

• mia_b
    mia_b

Crumpet posted someones "diary after armagedon" at one point - they were funny

• Honesty
    Honesty

I find it hard to believe that I fell for all that BS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit