Awareness Ribbons

by RN 9 Replies latest jw friends

• RN
    RN

Someone the other day, I believe it was Essie, asked if there was a ribbon color for Child Abuse. I did a search and found it, in fact I found several.

Here's the list:

Red- Aids Awareness
    Pink- Breast Cancer
    Black- Mourning
    Yellow- Hope, Support
    Red/White/Blue- Support USA
    White-Right to Life
    Purple-Anti-Violence
    Green- Environmental Issues/ Organ Donor Awareness
    Blue (dark blue)- Child Abuse/ Education Concerns

Tack pins are available at www.stockpins.com

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

thanks RN, and welcome to the board. It was me who asked, I wanted to know if there was a color for domestic violence awareness. I guess the closest one would be the purple. Thanks so much for the info.

essie

• joelbear
    joelbear

Thats interesting.

I wonder if the idea for different colors came from the gay hanky code. Each of those colors has a meaning.

I could set up two lists, one of colors and one of their meanings and see how many yall could match up.

Anyone game?

Here's a hint. I am a yellow, dark blue, white, beige, right pocket.

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

I would like to know the code. I would not want to mistakenly put a blue and yellow striped hanky neatly folded in my shirt pocket only to falsly raise the hopes of someone who was looking for a submissive cheese-and-rubber fan.

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

I have been led to beleive that the color and pocket choice is one part of it, the other being the way it is folded. Is that true?

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Oh yeah, Joel. I'm game. I was surprised by the purple cause I thought that was only the poster color for gay pride? I don't know, educate me please! *lol*

Oh! And while you're at it, what's up with earrings? I remember hearing in the 80's that right ear meant straight, left was gay, and both was, well...bi coastal? LOL Is there any truth to any of that?

I've never had the guts to ask that of any of my friends. Lucky you, you get to answer LOL.

Oh, and I'm LMAO about your Hoss remark in the other thread. You're a peach, Joel. Thanks for the laugh today, really needed it.

love
    essie

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

80's - I thought the left ear was straight and the right was gay (for guys)

closer

Mean People Produce
    Little Mean People

• RN
    RN

Oh dear! Look what I've started now!!

• joelbear
    joelbear

Hey all,

I will post this in the Sex forum in order not to offend.

Joel

• RN
    RN

Joel,

Don't move it on my account. I like learning new things!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit