Jesus: Substitute ruler?

by Paralipomenon 0 Replies latest jw friends

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Dredging into the dark memories of indoctrination I was curious about one particular teaching that I remember.

After Armageddon Jesus would sit on the throne of power for 1000 years. After his millennial reign Satan would be let lose to tempt God's servants once more. It was taught that a great many would fall away, mainly those resurrected ones.

Then Satan would be cast off into everlasting destruction and Jesus would hand leadership of the kingdom over to Jehovah and God's people would live to time indefinite.

I pretty much just accepted this back then, but I have several questions about this teaching now.

1) is this even still taught? I remember all the pictures in the revelation book with Jehovah as the king.
    2) if people could fall away in Eden, and in paradise, couldn't they fall away after 1000 years as well?
    3) how would people be handled after 1000 years? The cliche thunderbolt? Wipe them from existence? Let the birds eat meat again?
    4) During the 1000 years would we pray to Jesus?
    5) If not, what is the purpose of sitting on the throne of power?
    6) If yes, where is Jehovah during this time? Is he a councilor? Co-rulers?
    7) How long would Satan have to tempt people?
    8) If you are Satan and you know your executioner is just using you to test his people, why would you comply?

I remember this being a very major teaching when I was young but in later years they hardly discussed it at all. I guess people didn't like the idea of dying after they were perfect.

Anyone else remember this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit