By their fruits

by Bobhere 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Bobhere
    Bobhere

I am not saying that all Elders are heartless but I do believe the WT rules lead them in that direction.

After I was DF I continued to go to all the meetings. At one of the meetings an Elder who was on the commitee that gave me the boot was giving my 10year old son counsel on his student talk. He said that his talk was good and that if he needs any help with his next talk he would be happy to help him. Sitting in the hall I thought that was nice of him untill I heard his counsel for the next student which ended with " You don't need help with your talks you have a father" On the way home my son said " but your my dad" I said I know son the man was just being ignorant.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Welcome to the board, bobhere! Well, I think that eldumb was just an ignorant ass. As if you don't know anything now, just because you're df'd! You have all the same knowlege as you had before and are as capable of helping your son as ever! He had to know that remark was likely to get back to you. Not very Christian or loving, just hurtful. Take care.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Bobhere,

I am not saying that all Elders are heartless but I do believe the WT rules lead them in that direction.

Exactly. When I became a JW in the late 1960s, it was different ... not what we would still want, but better than it is now. And, judging from what I have observed since I left nearly 15-years ago, it is only going to get worse. Your son and you and your wife and any other children deserve much better than putting up with the JWs.

Welcome to the board ... hang in there ... we are all here if you need us.

Jim Whitney

• Synergy
    Synergy

What an idiot. Disfellowshipped people suddenly lose their skills of parenting when the elders kick them out. Geez. Be the "Father" your son needs...Get him out of the Watchtower!

Synergy...of the no longer kissing elders' asses class!

• Bobhere
    Bobhere
    Virgochick sad He had to know that remark was likely to get back to you

I was there when he said it at the meeting being shunned

Virgochick. It was over 10 years ago my son has now completed his masters in phsychology and is throughly cult proof. He even considering doing his thesis on mind controll with reference to the WT Chose not too 'cause of his mother with whom he has an amiable relationship She is a manic depressive mainly depressive needs to live in a world she understands has some controll over Her security lies with the WT and it would not be kind to rattle her cage

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Bobhere, this reminds me of a class I went to see that was run by members of the congregation for those trying to learn this new language, they of course brought out it had to be a brother teaching the class "an older man" in the congregation. Which was real horse s**t, as this individual had no more idea how to properly speak this language than my dog did. I informed him that he was teaching the language improperly his pronounciation was inadequate and how he was teaching wasn't doing much good. Well they eventually did away with the class and upon seeing this so called Instructor some time later I pointed out to him that the class had been doomed from the start as it was set up to be run by older men (ha ha ha) who as usual didn't know squat about what they were teaching.

I spoke the language not fluently but very well for an american and in fact used words even those from that area weren't familiar with, as I had several years of taking the language in college and other secular courses in it. Truly it was the blind teaching the blind.

• Bobhere
    Bobhere
    What an idiot. Disfellowshipped people suddenly lose their skills of parenting when the elders kick them out.

More than that Synerg I was a dead man While DF I would not survive Harmageddon and if I died before H I would not get a ressurrection

• greendawn
    greendawn

So those assine elders think they are very powerful, by DFing members they are passing a death sentence on them to be executed during (their mythical) armageddon. It's a measure of their detachment from the real world and their grossly inflated sense of self worth.

• cyrus
    cyrus

What a wanker .Heres what i would do .Next meeting ask him for a private word away from listeners and tell him if he ever trys to undermine ur and your sons relationship u will beat him like ur were his daddy. thn u will see what sort of man he is

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit