Just checked out e-watchman....

by ex-nj-jw 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I just took a peek at the e-watchman site and forum... OMG I have a headache.

These people are crazier than I remember, and I'm totally confused about what they are saying. Granted I did not read all of there threads, but the ones I did read made my head spin.

Someone would ask a question and they'd get a (in my opinion) vague answer and suddenly it was all clear for them. On person was asking if she should have a baby 'in these times", most of the responses were "if you feel stong enough to raise a child", type things. Why is everything in this cult so generic? Vague? unsatisfying? I felt like responding "have a baby if you want, you will most likley get to see grandchildren before the systems ends!!!!!! I'm 42 and the system has been ending for as long as I can remember. A elder once told me that "the new order would be here before I was out of high school" so much for that, now my kids are in college!!!

I also saw some people from this forum that have posted there and I'm not sure why they are saying one thing here and another there???!!!! I can't even bring my self to register there, their discussions are sickening!!! to say the least.

I realize that I left this cult a very long time ago (25 years ago) and there is a lot of teachings that I don't know about, hell there are things they taught when I was there that I don't know about, because I was just counting the days until I turned 18 so I could run for the hills. I have never been a true believer in this cult I was only there because I had no choice, my parents made me be a JW. I can remember being 4 or 5 and getting beatings in the bathroom because I fell asleep, or didn't follow in my magazine or bible (doesn't matter that I couldn't read) just needed to pretend i guess, or having bruises on my legs from being pinched because my brother and I were wispering, we also were made to stand(at our seat) because we couldn't stay awake, standing at age 4 for 2 hours (incredible). Being put on punishment (after a beating of course) for prentending to press a door bell while in FS...Once my older brother told my dad that he didn't want to go to the meeting, so my dad made him paint the whole outside of the house 3 story house by himself and when he finished my dad made him do it again because he saw streaks, I was very shy growing up and my mother signed me up for the ministry school, when it came time for me to give my first talk I refused to go on stage so I got a beating with the iron cord which left open sores all over my naked body, every time I saw my name on the board I'd cry, have panic attacks and could not sleep. I'd cry through the entire talk.... so stupid. I'm getting sick just thinking about all the things we went through as children being brought up in this cult.

I'm sorry I know I'm just rambling and my thoughts are all over the place, just needed to vent.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

ex-nj-jw I would stay away from e-watchman.He is a complete nut-job.My head spins when I read his posts.He agrees with many of the WTS teachings and thinks he knows more than the average person.He is strange and delusional.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Yeah, i plan to stay away.

Nutjob is putting it nice

Thanks

• greendawn
    greendawn

If I recall well he is one of those ex dubs that think the WTS is after all God's true organisation but it has been led astray by its leadership into becoming part of Babylon. Which is true they are as Babylonish as everyone else they accuse but they never were anything special just an elaborate deception.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Yeah, I feel bad for those people.

I believe it all comes down to a very basic thing for them. Most of them are so attached to the 'core' doctrines of the WTS (no hellfire, no trinity, no immortal soul, the name Jehovah) that these things are all that matter to them. All they care about is that their opinions on these matters are true. Thus since the Watchtower has them all under their roof, the WTS must be true in some sense.

Once you let go of everthing they have taught you and start your faith from a humble begining true understanding will come. Other than that you are still under their cultish power.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit