Rutherford's 24 Elders.

by pixel 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pixel
    pixel

Hello all,

There's a topic going on about the WT teaching of the 144.000 revealing "thuths" to the GB nowdays. Here's what I found, and as somebody pointed already out, this comment comes from Rutherford's thinking of Russell directing the harvest from heaven/grave. He first said that, and then flip/flop it. and it still continues...

In a page that I found http://www.premier1.net/~raines/necromancy.html, Rutherford said: "All at the temple will realize that their spiritual food comes to them from their Teachers, Jehovah and Christ Jesus, and not from any man. No one will be so foolish as to conclude that some brother (or brethren) at one time amongst them, and who has died and gone to heaven, is now instructing the saints on earth and directing them as to their work."

Sources: The Watchtower , May 1, 1934 p. 131; J. F. Rutherford, Jehovah , (Brooklyn, New York: Watchtower, Bible & Tract Society) 1934 p. 191.

I guess the GB in Brooklyn are way too foolish believing that somebody from the 144.000 is still communicating "thuths" (On the new Watchtower and Revelation book). Perhaps it's Rutherford himself, since he is dead now and "part of the 144.000" - Yeah right.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Good catch pixel!

Any chance of a scan?

• pixel
    pixel

Thanks. No, sorry. I was just surfing the internet and saw that. I don't know who can have those books/mags from 1934.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Jehovah page 191:

• greendawn
    greendawn

None of the WTS high ranking officials are anywhere close to gaining admitance in heavenly jerusalem since they are shameless liars and exploiters of their fellow humans. They never were in a position to enlighten anyone.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Thanks Atlantis.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Atlantis,

What book is that scan from? I have most of the old books and would like to refer to it.

Thanks,

W.Once

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Wasanelder Once:

Look in Rutherford's book called "Jehovah" 1934 page 191

Cheers! Atlantis-

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Here is another reference for you from the 1934 Watchtower, pages 131--132. See the bottom of page 131 and top of page 132. Quote: "The Watchtower is not the teacher of God's people." Quote 2: "All at the temple will realize that their spiritual food comes to them from their Teachers, Jehovah and Christ Jesus, and not from any man. No one of the temple company will be so foolish as to conclude that some brother (or brethren) at one time amongst them, and who has died and gone to heaven, is now instructing the saints on earth and directing them as to their work. Such a conclusion smacks of the "sin of Samaria".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit