My exwife was a parrot

by Bobhere 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Bobhere
    Bobhere

There once was a man who wanted to purchase a talking parrot. He went to a pet store, but was told by the pet shop owner that they only had one parrot that fit his criteria but he probably would not want to purchase this particular parrot because it had been previously owned by one of Jehovah's Witnesses. The man said he was not worried, looked the parrot over carefully,purchased it and took it home. This was on a Monday. On Tuesday evening about 7:00 p.m. the parrot began to squawk loudly, "Time to get ready for the Book Study, Time to get ready. At 7:25, He repeated "Time to leave for the Book Study, your going to be late, Time to go." The Book Study is very important" You must go right now" Though this irritated the man, he realized the pet shop owner had warned him about who had previously owned the parrot. On Thursday night the parrot repeated the same thing only substituting Theocratic Ministry School and Service meeting and warning again how important it was to go and never willfully miss these meetings The man began to get angry at the parrot. On Saturday morning about 7:00 a.m. the parrot began again to squawk "Time to get ready for door to door work. Time to get ready. You need to get an early start. Start your time by stopping at some laundromats. Time to get up. You need to be at the Kingdom Hall at 9:00 sharp." This began to seriously irritate the man, and he almost lost his temper with the parrot but finally managed to control his anger. On Sunday morning the parrot began the same routine as he did on Saturday morning. The man got so irritated he threw his pillow at the bird's cage,finally quieting him for a while. About 2:00 in the afternoon, the parrot began his speech about going to the Kingdom Hall for the Public talk and the Watchtower Study. This was the last straw. The man walked calmly to the parrot's cage, took him outand smashed him against the wall. As the parrot hit the floor a very weak but distinct voice came from him saying "No Blood! No Blood!"

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

I trust that your wife did not meet with a similar fate.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Well, at least it will get a resurrection..

S

• I quit!
    I quit!

That was a funny story. I once had a roommate who tried to teach his parakeet to say “Jehovah is God" but all it would say was "pretty Jehovah". It was very irritating but so was the roommate.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

That's kind of offensive.

Parrots only "parrot" what people teach them, and they do not learn it in one day. I am the owner of SEVERAL parrots, and believe me, they only say what they WANT to say IF they like it enough to say it. Let's put this to rest right now, PARROTS onlly say what they want when they want to. They are the owners of their domains.

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit