About the U.N thing again :)

by Cass 4 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Cass
    Cass

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows of anything published by the jw's in which they say not to accept employment with the U.N. I remember when I was younger telling mum and dad that I wanted to work for the U.N doing aid work, and I vaguely remember them pulling out some publication and reading to me from it but I can't for the life of me find anything. Thanks if you can help

• Cass
    Cass

Only asking for curiosities sake, and extra ammo when talking to people about it.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

The only articles I know of that would apply are the ones showing that we should be careful of certain employment decisions due to how the consciences of others might be affected by our choices. Apparently the WBTS of New York, Inc. has no such constraints on its choices.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

The scriptures they used when I was around was John 17 v 16..James 4 v 4,

Not to be involved in the ways of the world.

KT

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Nothing specific to the U.N. in my recollection. I found this, about working for government agencies..

w90

11/1p.20par.16TheRoleoftheSuperiorAuthorities***

The fact that the superior authorities are God’s minister explains why Daniel, the three Hebrews, Nehemiah, and Mordecai were able to accept responsible positions in the Babylonian and Persian governments. They could thus appeal to the authority of the State for the good of God’s people. (Nehemiah 1:11; Esther 10:3; Daniel 2:48, 49; 6:1, 2) Today some Christians also work in government service. But since they are separate from the world, they do not join political parties, seek political office, or accept policy-making positions in political organizations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit