RAPE TO SCREAM OR NOT TO SCREAM?

by Cordelia 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

OK ANOTHER CHAT I HAVE TRIED TO HAVE WITH A WITNESS, I HEARD THAT THE WT HAS CHANGED THE 'UNDERSTANDING' ON THE RAPE ISSUE SEVERAL TIMES, THE WITNESS I WAS TALKING TO COMPLETELY SAID IT WAS FALSE,

I HAVE NO WAY OF CHECKING SO WONDERED IF ANYONE HAS THE DATES THEY CHANGED FROM YES TO NO AND BACK AGAIN SO I CAN SHOW THEM

X

• blondie
  • ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

If a woman does not scream when she is raped, is this an act of fornication and therefore a sin?

FORNICATIONWT 1/15/64 p.63;
    WT 1/15/64 p.64;
    WT 6/1/68 p.347

NOT FORNICATION (implied)1969, 1971 Aid to Bible Understanding, p. 1371+, 601

FORNICATION Awake! 3/8/74 p.14

NOT FORNICATION (implied) Awake! 7/8/80 p.5,6

FORNICATIONWT 10/15/80 p.7

NOT FORNICATIONWT 3/15/83 p.30

FORNICATIONAwake! 2/22/84 p.2
    Awake! 2/22/84 p.25

NOT FORNICATIONAwake! 6/8/84 p.28

FORNICATIONAwake! 5/22/86 p.23

NOT FORNICATION (?) (not sure really … a vague response) Awake! 9/22/86 p.28

NOT FORNICATIONAwake! 3/8/93 p.5
  • Cordelia
    Cordelia

thanks so much you two,

I will write the quotes down, and show him he reckons i'm not reading the context properly and the society never said not to scream!!

Blondie it's unbelievable some of the things they come out with!!

How do the Witnesses as a whole listen and accept what they say???

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

So, if I understand this correctly... If a woman is being raped, she is supposed to stop in the middle of the rape and go look up the Watchtower Index to find out what the Society's latest position is in order to determine whether she should scream?

• restrangled
    restrangled

Here is my take in 1975......I date a guy in the org....one time...I talk about my last boyfriend...wordly guy....did some wrong stuff, ....Mr. In the Org Date says to me..."Do the same stuff to me or I'm turning you in to your elders including your elder father.

I'm sixteen, he is 23 ......I think to my self.....I either do this or my life is hell in every direction...I think some more...I really don't want to do this but have no choice other than to keep him quiet.....so I do what he demands....

How can you scream, or cry, .........or even talk about this????

He keeps calling me and taking me out...I don't want to, but I seem to have no choice other than keeping this pig quiet. He talks about doing it with animals......I can no longer tolerate this Pig's perversions. I tell him I'm done..its over.

His first response is to run to his elders telling them I was the big tease, the big whore. ......

Those elders call my elders......he was 23 on public reproof, I was 16 .

I was scared, and didn't know what to do......He won the first round with the first 5 hard core elders lableing me filth at age 16.

This is a long horrible story in my history with Jws. My point being....when was I suppose to scream? I finally got the nerve to "scream" and got nailed.....

r.

• loosie
    loosie

Restrangled, I say F*&^ him. He was the king of ass*&%$'s. What would a 16 year old be expected to do, with no one to talk to. Sorry you had to experience that.

I hope that God is watching these things and keeping and a count of what ass*&%$'s like that do to people. He has to pay sometime.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Restrangled, I was really hoping that was going to be a hypothetical story. I'm disturbed that was your experience. Sorry

• restrangled
    restrangled

I didn't mean to hijack this thread.....

To loosie: Thanks! I'm hoping for the same 30 years out!

To UnConfused: Thanks for your thoughts.....It's amazing what goes down in this cult.....With professional counseling I still have problems with the idea of an "elders meeting"....twice I tried to come back in later years and my mother could not be happy with it.....She wanted me to meet with elders....when I said no .....she said your just like your father and your attitude is going to get you fried. The elders are here to help you.

The word "Elder" is nauseating to me.

Never Again!

r.

• mia_b
    mia_b

you havent hi-jacked it - youve just pointed out another hypocracy and the fact that it doesn't really matter whether thay say scream or not, you'll never win if your face doesn't fit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit