Damn It! Can't we all just get along

by AMarie 3 Replies latest forum tech-support

• AMarie
    AMarie

I was just thinking about something. Recently, I've been doing alot of research into the beleifs of different Christian religions, hoping to pick one out that suits me. However, when meeting with different pastures and priest, despite varying beleifs, each of them managed to make sense out of their teachings. It's amazing how Jehovah's Witnesses, Catholics, Baptists, etc. use essentially the same bible but interpret things so differently. You can't say that either of them are wrong in their interpretation (except Witnesses, of course LOL), they just each look at the scriptures from a totally different perspective. (For example: Witnesses tend to look at it a science manual, taking things very literally while other Christians look at it like a work of literature taking things figuratively, leaving alot of the interpretations up to the reader or leave them as a mystery)

What is even more amazing is that they each love to make jabs at each other and berate other religion's perspectives (WE have the TRUTH!).

I know that alot of people say that without religion our society would go down hill. There would be no moral structure to keep people in line, making them abide by laws. However, I think I'm starting to disagree with this theory. It seems to me that most disagreements, hatred, and even wars centuries ago were caused by religions differences. Although this is a controversial thing to say, it leads me to beleive that just maybe this world would be a better place if there wasn't religion. Your thoughts?

AMarie

• Introspection
    Introspection

"My religion made me do it.."

"Truth and Falsehood are both whatever, and simutaneously NOT so, rather than not." - Alf the Poet (quoted from a post in alt.buddha.short.fat.guy).

• AMarie
    AMarie

Greetings Introspection:

Somehow I just knew that you would be one of the first to post a reply to this thread. At least somebody can relate to some of my whacked-up theories on life. (No offense to you, you just seem like the type who puts alot of thought into theories and quotes.)

Catch ya later

AMarie

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

AMarie:

Tech Support. OK. Whatever. Anyway, I'm brand new to this board as of tonight. My story is in Personal Experiences section just posted tonight. Just a comment on your question, below is part of the last paragraph of "My Story" (see "No Longer a Robotic Parrot"):

"...My spiritual brains are a little scrambled from the bent WT doctrine but I know my spiritual self will get straightened out with prayer and effort. I'm in no hurry to do a great deal of studying right now. I'm all studied out. However, I have read Franz' "Crisis of Conscience" and "In Search of Christian Freedom". These books helped a great deal. I love God. I have always been searching for him, and finally realize that I have had him with me all the time in His message of love; love for Him and for all of his creation. It is not difficult. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand it. When you have your nose buried in studying every leaf, you miss the glory of the forest. What's more important is that we should have the FREEDOM to learn to love Him and develop our own relationship with Him. No organization or church has the right to dictate, manipulate and control every aspect of your thoughts and lives according to their own bent understanding. God never intended the WTS to run interference!..."

Trotafox

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit