The Resurrection

by evetteto 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• evetteto
    evetteto

Can someone tell me what the wts' belief is re: The Resurrection of Christ, or send me a link to their publication which elaborates on it (preferred).

Thank You,

Evette

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Hi Evette;

I just finished writing a short article on the WT's false view on Jesus resurrection. Here is their offical teaching summed up in a WT publication; "Make sure of all Things, hold fast to what is fine" (1953, page 314) - It states that Jesus' resurrection was NOT in the same body, he merely materialized flesh and bone to be seen and believed.

The WT also teaches Jesus raised up an invisible spirit who they believe is Michael the Archangel. And that he can never return to earth in any visible or physical way. If you pm me your email address, I will email you the article I wrote which examines all the "proof" texts the WT uses to try to support thier view that Christ was not raised bodily. Lilly

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The Witnesses do not believe that Jesus was resurrected. They use the word "resurrection," but it is used to mean "recreation," since they believe that no part of a person survives to experience an afterlife. The body of Jesus was destroyed, and Jesus was brought back as an invisible spirit person who "materialized" bodies in order to convince his disciples that it was really him. This non-orthodox belief of a noncorporeal post-resurrection Christ was known in the early Church as docetism.

• Death to the Pixies
    Death to the Pixies
    This non-orthodox belief of a noncorporeal post-resurrection Christ was known in the early Church as docetism.

Are you sure "docetism" was Post-resurrection?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yes, docetism did not just concern the post-resurrection Christ and related also to the incarnation or earthly appearances of Jesus.... what I mean is that the belief that Jesus lacked a corporeal body in the resurrection and only appeared to have flesh is a docetist belief.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Actually, consistent "docetism" makes the Passion/Resurrection a parable rather than a true event.

Which is certainly not what the WT means, but might be closer to the intent of the earliest Passion/Resurrection stories.

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

Hello,

The bible teaches us about two resurrections. The first resurrection will be for spirit annointed followers of Jesus Christ. That resurrection is going on as we speak. The second resurrection has not taken place yet. This resurrection will take place after the War of Armageddon, when evil on the earth will be subdued and extinguished.

Psalms 37:21, 22, 28, 29, states that the righteous will inherit the earth and the wicked will be cut off from the earth. So the second resurrection will be for the righteous ones that died who obey God's voice.

Jesus Christ stated that he came down from Heaven to fulfill his fathers request. Once he fulfilled his mission on earth he returned to Heaven to take his place by God's right hand. As a man Jesus was none only by his earthly name, but the scriptures also calls him Michael the Archangel who commands the angels with an Archangels call. 1 thess 4:16

There is no other angel spoken of in the Bible that commands other angels except Jesus/Michael. Michael even cast satan out of Heaven, no other angels were said to have that kind of power.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit