Are you confused yet????

by sweetone2377 1 Replies latest jw friends

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

Because I can't seem to become.... unconfused!! When I met my current Dh, we were told by the elders that even a hello or a glance at the KH (much less anywhere else) was forbidden. Now mind you we had only exchanged names the week before and hadn't spoken since. Suddenly we were allowed to only have phone conversations. OK, confused I was and still am but eventually "let it go" in a sense.....

Untill recently........

Since I DA'd myself over a year ago, my parents were strictly forbidden to have any contact with me whatsoever, unless, of course, it was taking their grandchildren for a visit so they could bring my children to the KH. Now my last visit to my grandmother's house (my mother's mom), we let the kids spend one night with my mother. We went over to pick them up and we were shocked at what occured.

Not only did they open the gate and the foot of the hill where their private driveway starts (they live at the top of a mountain like hermits), they also invited us up onto the porch. From there, into the house. And then tried to hold a conversation with us in the living room. At first I thought maybe it was because my sister was out of town (she's a tattle, big time). But then they told us that the elders had recently had a meeting with my step father and my mother and told them it was ok to associate with us as long as there was no spiritual talk.

Is there a reason for them changing their minds so often and quickly about what is suppose to be very serious subjects??

Are any of you also confused by this behavior? If not, can you please explain it to me because I am lost other than it's their normal double standard policy now that my step father is a MS.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Sweetone,

I'm just a little confused myself:

When I met my current Dh...

What is a Dh?

I was DFed in 1990 and at that time, anyone who was DFed or DAed could still have contact with the family as long as no spiritual information was discussed. We all know too that things are NEVER consistent from year to year and from congregation to congregation. So that may be where you feel policy has changed. But from what I understand, the policy's been the same for quite a long time.

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit