"Massive Depression from Waste of Many, Many Years."

by scout575 1 Replies latest jw friends

• scout575
    scout575

"At my conversion I became the typical zealot. Within a couple of months I had read the Bible in its entirety. I could quote substantially on any subject. Early on, noticing how little so-called Bible-believing Christians knew, I began preaching and teaching school, church, Lions prayer breakfast etc..."

"I learned critical thinking skills and how to truly research something. After doing research as an historian I took a course on American myths. One of the books for this class covered revelation; the book covered an extensive discourse on disproving this part of the Bible. Not taking its argument at face value, I went to the library and looked up critiques on the book. I found several, BUT not one of these ( "authorities" in the Christian church, none the less ) argued it as a false premise; only ad hominem commentary."

"This crushed me. This meant that I had wasted many, many years in a religion that was based on a complete fraud. I was so depressed my wife had to, literally, drag me out of bed and dress me for work. Suicide was a serious risk. This was also very motivating. I looked deeper into the Bible. There was so much out of place that I quickly left the church and its ideologies behind." ( A quotation from: exchristian.org / why I joined / Massive Depression from Waste of Many, Many Years. )

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

At least he can be proud for finding out the truth himself. If only the rest of the witnesses were as intellectually curious as this man...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit