Sister Serena

by geevee 7 Replies latest jw friends

• geevee
    geevee

It was great to hear sister Serena thank her god Jehovah for helping her win the tennis open in Australia again!! What a great god he is. There are thousands dying from cancer and poverty, he has no time for them, but he helps her win the tennis!!! Go figure.

• blondie
    blondie

Do you have a news article quoting her as thanking "Jehovah" this time. I know she did in the past. I can't find anything on Google.

Blondie

• Kaput
    Kaput
    It was great to hear sister Serena thank her god Jehovah for helping her win the tennis open in Australia again!! What a great god he is. There are thousands dying from cancer and poverty, he has no time for them, but he helps her win the tennis!!! Go figure.

"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isa. 55:9)

Cut the sista a break...she hadn't won a major since the Aussie Open in '05. So much for the sickly and the poor.

• geevee
    geevee

Sorry Blondie, no article, only watched it on TV. The TV news usually cut that from the broadcast. She also ackowleged that the win was dedicated tp her sister who was killed 4 years ago. She spoke like This one is for you ......[name of sister]...
    It msut drive the dubz mad when she does this, her brand os JWism seems different to the one I knew.

• luna2
    luna2

She's getting JW crap all mixed up with crap from evil Christendom. This is what comes when you get contaminated by this evil old world. You thank Jah for helping you win a tennis match, you dedicate said win to your dead sister in heaven(?), and you (in the past) run around with an American Flag or go out to clubs sans underpants. Girl seems pretty confused!

Sis apparently needs to attend more meetings, increase her personal study, pray to Jehoober for wisdom and unnerstanding, and get out in service more.

• zack
    zack

Actually, regular meeting attendance and a full share in the ministry increase coordination, concentration, and add to a restful sleep. All contribuing factors to Serana's win!

• seawolf
    seawolf
    Do you have a news article quoting her as thanking "Jehovah" this time. I know she did in the past. I can't find anything on Google.

I watched it live on ESPN and thanking Joe was the frist thing she did when she got to the mic. She said his name at least twice. I also thought how she was talking about her sister was very un-JW like, almost like she thought her sister was in heaven listening to her...

• jinjam
    jinjam

i have seen the video, type bbc videos in google, serena williams thanks jehovah for winning the australian cup

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit