Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

by scout575 2 Replies latest jw friends

• scout575
    scout575

"So then, show love for those foreigners who live with our people, because you were foreigners in Egypt." ( Deuteronomy 10:19 )

"Even your brother or your son or your daughter or the wife you love or your closest friend may secretly encourage you to worship other gods...show him no mercy or pity and do not protect him. Kill him! Be the first to stone him, and let everyone else stone him too. Stone him to death!" ( Deuteronomy 13:6,8,9,10 )

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Thanks for another installment of proof that either god has borderline personality disorder or the bible is just a collection of old manuscipts...

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I don't see any correlation here Scout

One is about welcoming foreigners, the other is about worshipping other gods.

In the culture of the time if a foreigner went to live with another people group, the tribal god of that group became the god of the foreigner also. This was the accepted practice so if a foreigner went against it (or a native for that matter) they would have expected to be treated harshly.

Now if you'd put the verse about welcoming foreigners alongside one from Joshua where God says 'Wipe 'em all out', I'd have got the point ...

Hell scout you may be converting me - I may have to just come down there and stone ya!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit