Ministry School ?

by Outaservice 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Do you think the Ministry School helped you in your secular life? That is, in business or sales, or in communication with customers or suppliers?

I think it did for me. Of course the Society was trying to make a good salesman out of me for their agenda but I had to 'quit' their job.

Outaservice

• Kudra
    Kudra

Sure did!

Sitting in a dark corner of a stage (that I wasn't even truly allowed to "speak" from) with another "sister" pretending to have a conversation about being in submission to my husband or about how I was going to tell my schoolmates I can't go to prom sure prepared me for lecturing at a university 'n stuff.

Barf.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Yes it did in a way. I learned how to write talks really well and now I use that skill to write articles refuting the WT teachings. Lilly

• roflcopter
    roflcopter

Yes it did. I own my own business and it was all thanks to having no fear going door to door, and business to business talking to people. All those years my parents forced me to go out in service made me unafraid of talking people into buying computer services.

Hell if you can sell someone the Watchtower you can sell just about anything!! In fact I have more success selling computer services than I ever did getting people interested in the Watchtower.

~ROFLCopter

• sspo
    sspo

Definetely

• blondie
    blondie

But let's not forget all the brothers, including elders, that are bad speakers despite all the talks they have given; or all the sisters that cannot explain a doctrine or bible teaching at the door despite years in the school. I was a good speaker but then I responded to training in school in this area. JWs are only good at the door or in giving talks if they apply themselves, whether it be at the KH or in some other venue of education.

• lurker
    lurker

I must tell you that I think it did. However years later I was requested to take a Dale Carnagie course. I do not know who copied from whom but in many many ways they are identical. I wish I had skipped it all and just taken Dale Carnagie. But Blondie is right there are many bad speakers in the society and they will never get too much better. I think that you need some smarts to begin with. What is the saying " you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear"

• Undecided
    Undecided

.It helped me learn to present what I considered to be facts but I had very little emotion in my talks. I always enjoyed those who had some fire in their talks.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit