Suppose you're a JW and you want your children to stay in...

by stapler99 3 Replies latest jw friends

• stapler99
    stapler99

What would the best strategy be?

I ask this because thinking about my upbringing, I don't believe what the Watchtower seems to suggest, that the MORE spiritual you are, the MORE bible study you do, the MORE field service you do, the COMPLETER your meeting attendence is, the LESS worldly association your children have, etc., then the more likely it will be that they will "stay loyal to Jehovah" !hurls!

I don't have that many cases to consider, but I have seen youngsters getting baptized whose famailies don't seem to do that much field ministry and miss a lot of meetings.

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

It's difficult to say I think. I've seen kids leave who were brought up with strict JW rules and I've seen kids stay in the Org. after a strict upbringing.
    On the other hand I know of 'weak' JWs' kids who have left, but also many who have stayed in and become elders and pioneers etc.

I was brought up with quite strict JW parents. Always had a Family study, never missed the meetings, etc.
    Yet, here I am! Out and happy.

I think it depends on the child and their ability to learn to think for themselves and question things.

• becca1
    becca1

Do what we've done. Ever since we've been fading our grown kids are stronger in the "truth" then than they ever were. It's like teenaged rebelion, do anything that your parents don't do. Go figure.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Just make sure you have that critical 5-7 years old gap filled with WT happiness and they will have a better chance of staying in.

Seems that only the 2nd and 3rd gen Dubs stick with it; that and the true loons!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit