Cracking elders comments on platform. Post them here....

by jambon1 9 Replies latest jw friends

• jambon1
    jambon1

What is the most offensive thing that you have heard an elder say on the platform and was there any reaction?

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

The PO gleefully told the cong. how he was looking forward to the time when all gays are destroyed. "Won't that be wonderful? I can't wait!" he boomed.
    The chap sitting behind me had a gay son and he sighed and looked quite hurt.
    Lots of others voiced agreement, though. I just sat there in stunned disbelief.

Another time, the same elder asked "Aren't we looking forward to the day when everyone who is not at the meetings will be cut off. We won't have to put up with them any more?" (The same evil glint in his eyes).
    My husband had recently stopped attending the hall and my daughters were reduced to tears by this insensitive beast. I waltzed them straight out of the hall and off home to see their dad before he was killed by God. :(

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

I've known some asshole elders in my time ,but never heard shite like that before.

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

Hey, Pobthespaz, there's much more where that came from!
    I'll save it for another time.

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

fire away

• lurker
    lurker

Really nice men to have leading an organization on the local level. How would he feel if it were one of his children he was so Fippant about. What a jerk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What I have come to see is that there are all types of individuals on this earth. That is just the kind of leader I would not be like and was sick of and stepped down because of.

• watson
    watson

Do Not Call,

I find these comments very hard to believe.

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

Watson, I understand your disbelief, but, sadly it's true. The elder was known (maybe still is - I've no idea now) for his 'say it like it is' approach. Many were offended by him from time to time.
    Other things have been said to me personally, rather than from the platform, which is why I won't put them here on this thread.

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

With watson on this one, as screwed up as we all know the WTS is ,surely an elder initiating comments like this from the platform would be subject to censure.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    surely an elder initiating comments like this from the platform would be subject to censure.

no i absolutely dont think they would be..someone might personnally tell him that such comments are likely to be couter productive but this kind of person would not stop saying these things on the basis that they might upset someone..besides for every 1 person that says they object there will be 5 10 20 people saying 'i liked your comments brother'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit