What Kamikazes Teach About Jehovah's Witnesses

by metatron 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• metatron
    metatron

It seems that in recent years some have analysed the personal diaries of Japanese suicide warriors, so as to determine

their motivations. Surprizingly, many were not that religious. They did what they did largely because of duty to their

fellow pilots, a sort of peer pressure motivation. A similar pattern emerges from studies of Islamic jihadists - and even

US soldiers - in that you risk death or "take that hill" because of your unit, your fellow warriors, rather than strict

religious or even national motivations. Sometimes, this can lead to guys wanting to rejoin their unit even though

they could be exempted due to injuries.

Why do Witnesses drag themselves to boring meetings and sterile field service? Mostly, because of peer pressure.

The idea that they go door to door because of "neighbor love" is absurd. They eagerly look forward to people

dying at Armageddon - and often joke about 'whose house they want' while walking out in service.

The Society tries to exploit this group/peer pressure by keeping congregations and book study groups small,

so that each attendee will feel pressured to attend, rather than getting lost in the crowd.

This group/peer pressure is starting to work against them as young people group themselves together to pursue

"double lives" with sex and dope. Elders quietly conspire as groups to hide mutual defects and corruption

from the Circuit Overseer. Slacking attendance and fake hours inspire more of the same. Is even Japan

losing publishers and congregations in recent years? ( answer: yes!)

A final thought about kamikazi motivations: Towards the end of WW2, some kamikaze pilots failed to kill

themselves in combat because of "engine trouble", so they had to turn around and head back to base.

In one late effort, out of a fleet of 24 planes, 11 had to return because of mechanical problems.

If you are a lurker reading this, I recommend that you be a kamikaze with "engine trouble". Depression, migraines

strange chronic illnesses all get you out of this organization's unpleasant demands.

metatron

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

If they are wrong and misleading people about their creator...what is the difference between the two of them?

Could we then justifiably define them as kamaikazes at that point?

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

metatron, that was a very good way of explaining the organization. Hope it helps some to see they need to get out.

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

Funny you should post this topic...as a kid I remember hearing about some Japanese soldier who had been found living off the land in some remote jungle spot (Phillipines, I think?) He was a forward observer, his job was to watch shipping traffic in the ocean and radio in whatever he saw. At some point his radio was destroyed or lost power, so he just continued to keep a log, thinking eventually someone would want the information. He didn't even know WWII was over. (It was the late 70's or early 80's when I heard this.)

I was a kid in the WWCG at the time, and the founder, Armstrong, actually gave a sermon mentioning the unswerving faith of this soldier, and how we should be like him...serving right up to the "end times", no matter what happened. I'm not sure if this was a WWCG urban legend like the JW 'demon Smurf' or if it was real, and the story just exploited to suit the message. How good this soldier was, to continue to obey orders after DECADES with no relief or new orders! (Wonder if any JW elders gave a similar speech, if the story was a true one?)

If you're a JW lurker...do you really want to emulate that soldier, only to find out the "war" is over, after 2-3 decades of faithfully obeying orders?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

AllAlongTheWatchtower:

The story about the Japanese soldier is true - he was called Hiroo Onoda, here's a link from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroo_Onoda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit