My dad wants to know if he is the only one that thinks this way......

by Rayvin 8 Replies latest social family

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

I mentioned in casual convo about a message board where Jws that are disappointed w/ treatment etc.. go and share experiences and support each other. He asks " I wonder really how many people there are out there that feel and think the way I do?" I try to hold back my grin. "You would be suprised, dad" I said .. but you can't even tell them you even spoke to a JW that thinks like you..you will be labeled as someone that speaks to apostates. Dad understood that doing so isn't wrong.. and said if the elders really ask me why I don't go to the meetings I will tell them. I said "be careful.. they will ask who you have been talking to.. your kids... neighbors.. they could be apostates. And you need to go in service more and do more study.'

He got irritated and said that they better not try to say that to him since he went to the KH for so many years..etc. Anywho... This got me thinking. If there was only someone from this board that could in a friendly way let him know he isn't alone. Someone around his age... someone that isn't bent on bashing the religion and someone that can just talk and then ever so often..JW stuff is brought up at dads discresion. I have one person in mind but I would like everyones thoughts and ideas on this.

Rayvin

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

How old is your dad?

• Gregor
    Gregor

I think I am following your situation. You are saying that your Dad is vulnerable to the right circumstance and person. I think it might be difficult to arrange for a covert agent to get next to him. You may have to be a little more bold. Maybe ask more loaded questions. Ask them as you walk away. Don't put him on the spot. Sounds like he is ready to start thinking for himself. Forgive me if I have misunderstood your post.

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

No.. you are correct. He is on the verge of learning to think for himself . And believe me.. he has double against him since he is married to ... MOM.

OH.. and my dad is 63 but seems more like a 50ish --well maybe just to me.. i can't even think of my dad as a senior. lol

He likes water skiing (just never gets to go) He likes fishing (just never gets to go) He likes camping (just never gets to go)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Rayvin..Start a thread..Introduce you dad..Then let him participate...OUTLAW

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

Maybe later...when he gets a high speed internet. Right now he is doing dial up.... UGH! But another reason why I couldn't do that is.. he lives with MOM.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Does your dad come over to your house without your mom?..You could hook him up at your house..Moms out of the way and your dad could have a bit of fun on the board...OUTLAW

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W
    Does your dad come over to your house without your mom?..You could hook him up at your house..Moms out of the way and your dad could have a bit of fun on the board...OUTLAW

Just be aware that by starting him out on your computer (if you have him register, that is), he will not log in the same way on his own computer at home. I used my laptop to register and then went onsite from my mom's computer during vacation and couldn't participate 'cause the site didn't recognize my mom's computer. I didn't know how to get the site to recognize me as J-ex-W from a different computer. Make sure your dad is not left in a goofy position like this after getting him interested.

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

I really don't think he would go for getting on this site at all since he would be doing it behind moms back and it would make it feel more wrong then he already knows it seems. (did that make sense??)

He doesn't come here w/out mom. She is sick with Cancer. And he (she makes him..) feels guilty leaving her alone. JW is a perfect religion for mom.. controling and manipulating - a perfect companion for her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit