I am so fed up with this GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

by Lady Lee 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I really like Word. I really liked the old Netscape Composer. I even like WinXP. And I have a growing hatred of WORDPAD and Mozilla.

When it comes to using any of those for a post that has a link to JWD I am almost ready to throw the computer out the window

I'm working on the Best of. Really. I would love to get it up to date. But everything I do turns out as useless gibberish.

I used to use Netscape Composer to create all my webpages. Well Composer is no longer bundled with Netscape so I transferred to Mozilla. Same program! Same appearance! Same buttons! Same ability to do what I want. Hell no. It stubbornly refuses to let me change fonts or size of font. It insists on doing what it wants do do. And going to the html and trying to edit the codes is nightmarish. I can't even find them

So copy to Word and format and copy back. Right? Nope. Either Word or Mozilla refuses to allow me to copy paste and edit anything over 1 line. Well when it feels like it. I copy from Mozilla and paste into Word and I have the beginning of what I copied and then something totally different. I don't even know where it comes from!

Ok give up on Word and use Wordpad. Well it doesn't like links. So deletes them all. That's pretty useless

Back to Word and try to save the whole Mozzila info into Word. I figured that I should be able to save the Word file as html- upload it to my website and then copy to the forum. Well one of them doesn't like that either so I get gibberish again.

All this because JWD won't let me post from Word anymore. (no bad feelings towards you Simon)

Therefore the Best of section is getting further and further behind. And I am getting more and more frustrated

Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm a quick learner but would prefer to not have to learn something really new. I'm too frustrated right now to let anything sink in.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Use NeoOffice, it's open source. I really like it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yeah, I've had problems lately posting links as well.

• misanthropic
  • Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Just install the old version of Netscape again. I still use Netscape Composer for my web pages. You don't have to use the outdated web browser.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I have spent the day downloading and installing programs only to find it isn't what I want.

I really miss my Netscape Composer.

So thanks to Nos I tried re-installing Netscape. Well they have their default download set to the newest version that doesn't have Composer bundled in the package. Bummer.

Then I tried a search and found a well hidden page on the Netscape site that allows you to download older versions.

So I got 7.2

Awesome. I have my old program back. And it lets me post directly from it to JWD.

So expect a few updates in the Best of section

• Been there
    Been there

I'm glad you're feeling better Lady Lee.

And lots of hugs for all your hard work.

• juni
    juni

"Seek and ye shall find."

Thanks LadyLee for your hard work to keep us updated.

Juni

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I really have to thank all the posters since this project started. If I had no response I think I would have quit a long time ago.

But reading that people find it helpful, or that thery refer new ones to it makes me realize that it is a useful project.

I still have more to post (I think I'm about half way through what I have ready to post)

I had gotten very discouraged when I couldn't find a way to post what I already had indexed and sitting on my computer. Then I have the last 2300 pages of the forum to go through

Well that's a good project for the winter when getting out isn't as easy as I would like.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit