Jousting with windmills

by Bobhere 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Bobhere
    Bobhere

The WT has no claim on me I don't think its purely altruistic ( I'm no saint) on my part to help other victims which I have over the years It's like I was part of a dsylectic family and I want to make it right. A quest like that of Don Quotie " to right the unrightable wrong" I say it has no claim yet here I am posting on this site. Its like I want justice but can't find the enemy let alone pin him down and thrust him through with my sword. I can't even rescue his captives. They want to stay in prison. So why do I Why do you

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Why do you

Why do I/we what? Stay in prison? i don't think you'll find we are in prison - most of the posters here have rejected the false teachings of the Borg and enjoy full and satisfying lives, our only regrets being that family members choose to remain behind out of fear and in turn reject us.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I think one of the main reasons I post here...and read the posts, is because it gives me hope to see all the new people, elders, CO's and DO's coming out of the org....and reading things that keep reasuring me that the society is a bunch of crap. (brainwashing is a process to remove from your head)

The ones I have tried to "help" are like you said..."happy in the prison"...so, I just like to vent here instead of making them all mad (although I still do when I feel like I can't keep my mouth shut at times)

My last attemp to "help" someone is my non-baptised little sister has a df'd roomate that does all kinds of "bad" things she has so much guilt over because she thinks the "truth' is the truth. I wish I could ease her mind....but she is super stubborn. I gave her a COC book and she hasn't read it. I guess my little sister confescated it. Oh well....I told her in 20 years when this system is still here, she can feel free to call me....and that I will always be here for her to talk to...even if she gets back in.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

My wife is one of the captives. My parents. My siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, two nieces ... many more who used to call me friend and brother.

Every time I post something that makes a JW lurker or poster think differently about the religion they market globally as panacea for all the world's ills my lance strikes an organ and the savage beast bleeds a little more.

I am not striking blindly. I know that the people are not my foe. The doctrine and the illegitimate spiritual authority claimed by the organization are my foes. Because I have found my foe my blows strike true. I do not chase windmills, I know where the real beasts live.

Welcome to the fray!

• Bobhere
    Bobhere
    I am not striking blindly. I know that the people are not my foe. The doctrine and the illegitimate spiritual authority claimed by the organization are my foes. Because I have found my foe my blows strike true. I do not chase windmills, I know where the real beasts live.

And if your blow should prove fatal the WT dragon lays slain What of your loved ones? If they are anything like mine they would weep over the body and Hate (Godly of course) me all the more.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I may never help even one person escape the jw nightmare, but I'm going to do my best to make sure there's a visible alternative to those who become disillusioned. Sure, I'm just a microscopic part of this, but I'm one none-the-less.

• Bobhere
    Bobhere
    I may never help even one person escape the jw nightmare, but I'm going to do my best to make sure there's a visible alternative to those who become disillusioned. Sure, I'm just a microscopic part of this, but I'm one none-the-less.

Fair comment Abandoned The WT would prefer that we slink away without a word

May the force be with you

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    bobhere: What of your loved ones? If they are anything like mine they would weep over the body and Hate (Godly of course) me all the more.

See, that's the coolest part about their doctrine:

They can't possibly hate me more than being wholly convicted that God has me set for eternal destruction and that they should treat me as though that destruction has already come in the meantime.

Right now, I do not have them and they do not have life. If, afterward, they hate me more I will still not have them, but I will have gifted them their lives.

I would be happily content with that.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit