You Knows Prophecies Pale Next To Mine..

by Englishman 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Any bets on the likely score for the England v Greece World Cup qualifier on Saturday next?

I don't see Greece being a push-over, so I'm going for England 4 - Greece 2.

In fact, if you recall, when England played Germany 4 weeks ago, I forecast a 4 - 2 result then. OK I was slightly adrift, but the goal total was still 6, so I was not too far out. You Know, look at the pic and eat your heart out with envy!

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Hey Mate, How you doing.

Germany 1 England 5? Old hat now E-Man.

Spus 3 Man United 5 Now THAT'S a comeback!!!!

By the way, after your very close G v E prediction (do you remember me saying you were on wacky baccy for saying 2-4?) I'll not go overboard this time. So I just think you're being a bit optimistic.

I predict 2-0 England. Scholes and Beckham (no bias there!)

Oh and when did you change your gif from beer to a footy?

Regards,

Pub.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

I predict England will rout the Greeks with a 3-0 victory, one of which will result from a penalty, another from a corner, and one more from outside the keeper's box.

By the end of the first half, I predict England will have dimsantled Greece's defensive strategy, or lack thereof.

The big questions are; how will the classical european football giants (Italy, England, Germany, Holland) fare in Asia next year--barring any cancellations due to WWIII?

I was disappointed with France 98 and I still believe the french "bought" their victories, especially the quarter final and semi-final matches. The victory over Brazil was definitely a sham and a scam of the worst type. Too obvious to be overlooked.

I did however enjoy England's victory over Argentina and the brilliant newcomer 17 year old *********, I couldn't remember his name, but he was electrifying!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Hi Utopian R,

I think that you must be referring to our Michael Owen. Unfortunately he has a ham string injury and will not be playing against Greece.

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit