mindset

by Bobhere 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Bobhere
    Bobhere

Some months ago my exwife was facing death due to a massive blood loss. We have a son 23years old I kept him company during the night while his mother went through several proceedures to find the leak. Early in the morning with her mouth full of tubes & despite objections from an elders wife who said "No she does not want to see me she is frightened that I am in the hospital" Lorna insisted on seeing me. An unexpected surprise on my part as she completely shuns me. Tom my son who is fairly astute knew what his mother wanted and arranged the visit having the nurse chase out the witnesses The next afternoon she had recovered. Her story now was that the nurse had told her she was going to die and that she should say goodbye to her family.. So back to the shunning.

Recently my son passed his thesis for his masters in Physchology and wanted to celebrate. I suggested that his mother should join us. We both new the answer to that one She excused herself saying she was not feeling well. I rang her saying we could change it to later after all your his Mum and it would be nice if his MUM and Dad shared this with him. She agreed that it would be nice but not possible. This is the mindset that broke up our marriage Does she go with her feelings her personal experience her opinion or that of the WT that says I must be evil because I no longer agree with them. And she looks for reasons to support the WT position no matter how ridiculous. I know there is little I can do but I hate having my hands tied It's like in those movies where your a ghost trying to make contact with the living I know I'm venting guys but who else understands my frustration

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

((((bob)))),

don't worry man, vent all you like. i'm sorry to hear of your hard times.

take care,

tetra

• RAF
    RAF

(((Bobhere)))

I'm sorry for you ...

Take care

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Bobhere----------I feel for you, big time!!! ... I feel your frustration...and hurt...and pain...and anger...and undeserved shame and humiliation... You can check out my posts under "Friends: can barely see through the tears" and under "Family: any advice?" to get an idea. Unfortunately, you are not alone. On the other hand, fortunately, you are not alone! We're here for you.

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

(((BOBHERE)))

My heart goes out to you and your son.
    You're story, sadly, is one played out among families with JW members the world over.
    As has been mentioned, read the stories of fellow posters here. It won't mend your situation, but, as I found, you realize you are not alone. You get true empathy here, not just sympathy.

Take care.
    Love DNC xxxx

• Clam
    Clam

Bobhere of course we understand your frustration and feelings. Anyone should, regardless of being a JW or not. The whole shunning deal is obscene and inhuman. Hang out here and talk. You have friends here.

And she looks for reasons to support the WT position no matter how ridiculous.

Yes well truth can take care of itself but error and lies need protection. I sincerely hope that one day she'll have her eyes opened.

You take care.

Clam

• Bobhere
    Bobhere

Yeh thanks guys I know you understand.

I am not feeling sorry for myself just frustrated that I can't break through this mindset. If she said piss off I don't like you and that is her choice fair enough. I can accept that. But its piss off the WT does not like you I would like to like to talk to you but I am not allowed to. Anyway I am putting this one in the two hard basket and letting it go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit