Guess the Sexist, Misogynistic God?

by tetrapod.sapien 6 Replies latest jw friends

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

22:18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

21:9 And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire.

22:23 If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; 22:24 Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city;

2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

tetra

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Baal?

Kwin

• choosing life
    choosing life

Two of these scriptures have always bothered me. The first is one where the woman is killed if she doesn't scream when being raped. What if she is too scared to scream?

The second is why God would punish Eve with incredible pain in childbearing, but no pain for Adam. As you bring out, at least Eve was supposed to be fooled, but Adam walked straight into disobedience. Seems more defiant to me. And how does this agree with the scriptures that declare Jehovah as a god of love? And why would he curse the rest of us women when we were not even there?

Obviously, these are the words of men. They remind me of the video posted on here about the muslim clerics in Britian. they state that if a woman refuses to wear a head covering, she should be struck. And that it takes two women to be equal to one man as a witness. These scriptures reflect the culture of the men who wrote them, not any creator.

• kwintestal
  • nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks, tetra.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I'm going to have to go with Jehoover on this one.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Ooh, ooh, Jehober???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit