Need To Change Jobs

by choosing life 5 Replies latest jw friends

• choosing life
    choosing life

I have worked at the same hospital for two years. The management is abusive and shows no appreciation for the hard work of their employees. The work place is extremely toxic, pitting workers against each other. I know I need to change jobs, but I just hate the whole idea of looking for a new job, going through interviews, etc.

How do you kick yourself in the rear to get out there and find a job that is not so stressfull? Anyone ever been through this? It just seems so easy to resist change, even in an abusive situation. Any advice?

• RAF
    RAF
    Any advice?

No it's all about you, you know what you don't want, you know what you want, but you don't know where and how to find it even, the iner ressources to get there (you are just not ready) ... It'll take the time it needs to finally react in a way or another (not bother about what's around you professionally or running away from it)

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Sounds to me like you were working in a Jdub medical facility?

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I have worked at the same hospital for two years. The management is abusive and shows no appreciation for the hard work of their employees. The work place is extremely toxic, pitting workers against each other. I know I need to change jobs, but I just hate the whole idea of looking for a new job, going through interviews, etc.

Do it! You know you're in a dysfunctional environment so you have nothing to gain by sticking around. I just left one of these places this past September. Even with taking a cut in pay, I am so much better off. Plus, since my current jobs are over ten miles closer for me, I'm keeping my car low mileage again. :-)

Do the interviews. Believe in yourself. If you are having self-esteem issues, check out Awaken The Giant Within by Anthony Robbins. This book is wonderful in helping a person remember that they are valuable.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Abandoned,

Thanks for the encouragement. CC

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Abandoned,

Thanks for the encouragement. CC

Anytime buddy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest