New Light and the UN

by individual 3 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• individual
    individual

. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?d=9882&site=3#117571

The link above is from a thread in Bible Reseach posted by Bible Examiner last month concerning impending new light on the 'disgusting thing standing in a holy place' and how it is no longer going to be the UN but has had its fulfillment completely in the first century. This apparently was from a talk given by a circuit overseer.

Why this is interesting is because, at the time the information concerning the UN and the WT was not widely known on this site. I remembered this thread whilst reading the UN and NGO thread on this board. If this thread is true then expect new light from the society concerning the UN fairly soon. Another thought I had was that the easing down of the blood policy particularly referring to Bulgaria, and the new light on military service and that mysterious WT with the questions from readers on voting that made it a conscience matter.. all of these could be as a result of becoming an NGO for the UN under Human Rights since all these things are indeed human rights issues. If I am correct in my thinking it seems that the new light coming from the org. is being influenced by politics and a wish to appease the UN as a result of becoming an NGO.

These things now are all coming together and all these articles in the Watchtower that have seemed odd suddenly make sense. The WT has been easing in these thoughts a) in the hope that the rank and file members dont notice and get upset.. and b) hoping that the UN and others would see them in a better, more humanitarian light.

I left the org. nearly a year ago, but I tell you this, if I was still in it now and put all these things together in my mind I would have walked out in absolute disgust. I think all Jehovahs Witnesses should ask themselves the question - is all this smacking of hypocrisy, decrying the UN when it suited them yet claiming new light when it benefits the org.

I await further developments, particularly in relation to new understanding of Matt. 24:15,16 with great interest. My feeling is that a new understanding MUST come about and the COs probably know about it now and are trying to do damage limitation. Will it come about any quicker because of all the phone calls and emails the UN has been getting regarding the portrayal of the UN in all those old mags? Surely the UN will be deeply unhappy with an NGO who has been openly publicising the UN in this bad light?

• Larsguy
    Larsguy

Thank-you for your post. This is very interesting and certainly warrants close attention. Lots of strange things have been appearing in the Watchtower of late, including this most recent issue which out of the blue brought up some Freemasonry stuff about some Jewish document that supports world domination by the Jews, etc. But WHY publish that? Even though it was put in the light of being a "false document" it still was making note of it. It thought it was strange.

In the light of these other things and gradual changes it would be apparent the organization is truly APOSTATE! and becoming totally secularlized in sync with the world. This is "spiritual fornication" which was prophesied would happen.

Thanks, again, for his heads up. They have a good thing going with their members since their members are sleep and love being in the dark. They don't think, they don't wonder, they don't do anything but go along with whatever is new, no matter what.

LG

• JBean
    JBean

Hi Individual,

I would suggest you post this thread on the Main board. It gets much more "traffic" and I think many would be very interested in hearing what you have to say. I only came across it in this thread because I was 'surfing'... many times I don't have time so I just stick to the main board... which it looks like most folks do. I'll look for it there! Thanks...

• msil

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit