why do............

by helncon 6 Replies latest jw friends

• helncon
    helncon

Elders have to know everything and i mean everything !!!!!!

You know this morning i got woken by my dad and apparently he got hauled into an elders meeting last night and was told that he has to put his wedding on hold (see previous post) because my so called active brother sat down and had a chat with them and told them that my dad owed my mum money ( which is getting sorted out anyway damn solicitor taking their time) and i thought the whole idea of my brother and his wife were to have a chat about their marriage, anyway they also brought up how my dad is getting married so quickly and how did he get a scriptual divorce ( which no one know's how he got one).

I even rang my mum ( i was very upset by this time) and said my mind on that my dad deserves to have a life and that even though my brother doesn't have much contact with him he should leave him alone even if he doesn't agree with what he is doing . He left us ( me and my brother) alone when we made our choices so why can't they leave him alone.

So why do the elder have to know about my dads personal life(as he has done nothing wrong) when there are more than others who ned help....

You know, now i know why i left so much crap that goes on that is really needless they don't need to know everything.... or do they?

Helen

• choosing life
    choosing life

They are the policemen of the congregation. No, they don't need to know. In fact, it is none of their business. Your dad is a grown man. He can see to his own life. Tell them to get their own life.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

It's a joke. Unfortunately generations of being given power has meant that it has become an unassailable god-given right, from

...the generation that saw 1914...

• deeskis
    deeskis

Helen

It's not over till the fat lady sings............maybe you don't need to agonise over the wedding/seating arrangements/problems with the bride etc, for a while longer??

How's your dad feeling about his trip to the back room?

keep your spirits up

Best wishes

D

• juni
    juni

Hi Helen,

From my experience the elders' first and foremost job is to keep the congregation clean. They will not stop short of finding out the whole story. Perhaps your brother wants to "help" them for his own personal "gain"? I don't know. Remember though, it was pounded into all of us to do our part in keeping the organization clean.

It still doesn't make sense to me why an avid JW (your Dad's fiancee)would get involved in such a "sticky" situation. I guess if your Dad wants to remain a JW he would have to follow the rules of the organization despite what you or I would consider fair treatment.

When is the wedding to take place?

Juni

• helncon
    helncon

hi ya all,

Juni the wedding was suppose to take place in early march but now with all the 'alegations' it has been but back by a few months as there were a few people who thought it was too soon for him to get married again ( only officialy divorced on jan 13 07). But now not sure when the wedding will be he thinks it may be late may.

Sorry i just had to vent my anger at something and this seemed the only place on where people can actually understand what i am actually talking about.

Anyway im glad there is some more time now for them and in a way i really hope it all doesn't go through ( i haven't met the woman but she doesn't seem that nice and my dad i think may even have second thoughts). He not the type of guy to be by himself.

Cheers

Helen

• juni
    juni

Aha!!! That sounds like my eldest son who has been married and divorced twice. Now he just lives w/his girlfriend and perhaps he may marry some day.

It's a thing called marrying on the rebound. The person isn't taking the necessary time to figure out themselves and what they want - all they know is that they don't want to be alone.

Sounds like this sister is happy to fill the void that your Dad has. She also sounds like a controlling nut job. Hopefully this time will be of benefit to him. And he'll find out that he survived just fine w/o jumping into another marriage so soon.

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit