"At Best a Morass of Confusion and at Worst Outright Lying and Dishonesty."

by scout575 2 Replies latest jw friends

• scout575
    scout575

"A major turning point took place at work where I met some Jehovah's Witnesses, and convinced myself that they were wrong, started to get seriously into theology and so forth. I felt that the Church of England was too feeble, and moved on via a roundabout route into a highly structured, independent charismatic church, where I remained for seven lonely and depressing years. I eventually left the church in disgust at a huge and ugly falling out among the leaders, but I still believed, and went as a visitor to a number of churches for the next ten years or so."

"A second turning point came when a chance internet encounter brought me against creationism...I found myself thinking much more clearly about a subject which had largely been ignored in all my time in those churches. When I spoke to Christians about this I found, at best, a morass of confusion, and at worst, outright lying and dishonesty...Before the end of July 1999...I was no longer a Christian...I have to say that I have felt ever so much more confident in myself since then. Maybe the contradictions and general doublethink was bugging me subconsciously all the time...My hope is that it, and also this site will help people avoid wasting quite so much of their lives as I did mine." ( A quotation from: exchristian.org / I learn everything the hard way )

• Navigator
    Navigator

Sounds to me like you have made a good start on lifting yourself out of religiosity and setting your feet on the path to spirituality. Don't give up, you are halfway there. I no longer consider myself a Christian either as I can't subscribe to what the overwhelming majority of them teach. Their structure is based on Separation Theology. I would recommend that you read a book called "WHAT GOD WANTS" by Neale Donald Walsch. It will give you a new outlook on what is going on. The answer to the question is surprising and simple.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Your thread title sums up what I felt about the watchtower in 1999 when I left.

Nowadays I've dropped the morass of confusion idea, I see them as outright liars.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit