Bill Bowen Rocks!

by Stephanus 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

The interview was great. Bill told his story of the shameful way in which he and the victims of paedophilia he was trying to protect were treated brilliantly. But where did they dredge up such a deadshit interviewer??

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Stephanus,

What ever turns you on.

• Inquiry
    Inquiry

I thought the interview went very well. It stated exactly what the problems are, and exactly who it impacts. Anyone with children in the WT should be very concerned.

And Fred, you can hide your head in the sand all you want. Did you actually listen to the interview... No, probably not... Too scared to...
    Just imagine how hard the Catholic Church fought to save their property and money, as well as other so-called religious organizations... and they ended up as headlines and top stories on the news. The WT had the nerve to poke fun at them... and they knew exactly what their own shortcomings were..... My, my, my, how things do change.... The tables have turned, and guess who's going to be poking fun at the WT!

Can't wait!
    Inq
    What goes around is coming around... makes me a happy camper ;)

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

it dont agree with fred but his response made me chuckle.

ash

"I pray that I may never see the desert again-hear me God."-Robert Bolt

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Leave Fred alone! He obviously believes that paedophiles have a right to the protection of "Jehovah's clean organisation" (tm) - and now that the JWs are in association with the UN and therefore are now supposedly in favour of freedom of religion, the WBTS probably doesn't want to interfere with this practice if it makes the perpetrator feel "closer to Jehovah". How dare those paedophilia victims endanger the congregational privileges of the perpetrators, eh Fred!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    The WT had the nerve to poke fun at them... and they knew exactly what their own shortcomings were..... My, my, my, how things do change.... The tables have turned, and guess who's going to be poking fun at the WT!

You've got to admire the nerve, if not the motive! I suppose in the late 80s when the elders' letters regarding child molestation first started coming out that the Society was doing well enough that they thought they could continue to whip the congregation into submission. They didn't realise the impact the death of the "generation" would have from the mid 90s - people began to grow tired of the fading hope, and even the beatings couldn't motivate them to protect this org which had let them down. For an org which supposedly speaks God's prophetic word from time to time, the advent of the internet and its impact took them totally by surprise. Suddenly here was an anonymous discussion forum and source of information which the Society couldn't deny to their people. The result is that many are coming out of the nightmare molestation scenario (perpetrator protected by the Society) and telling their stories anyway. The Society has cried "Wolf!" so many times that people just don't cringe when they hear that cry anymore. And now that the Society is in bed with the Wild Beast, what little credibilty the R&F once thought the Society may have retained has gone out the window. Defend them while you can, Freddie boy! They won't be around much longer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit