How did you accept counsel

by KAYTEE 6 Replies latest jw friends

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Was it easy to accept council from elders, I found it extremely hard, the reason being it was always laced with stupidity.

Just one of the many many times I had run ins with the elders.

When discussing an important issue that had come up (usually personally), the elder said to me "getting your little green book out again", a reference to my use of the wts code of conduct book (the organisation book) trying to counsel me on the use of wts material. How can you start from common ground when you have foolish statements said like that from so called spiritual leaders

My dear old mum, when bringing up 4 children after the war, gave us every week a dose of cod liver oil ,her reason was we needed it.

COD LIVER OIL is like counsel. Easy to give, not very nice to take.

The wisdom of my mum was she made my big "brother" take a spoonful as well as the rest of us, I loved the look on his face !!!!

KT

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

One elder counselled me after my other half stopped attending the meetings.

His pearl of wisdom was, "You can scripturally leave him now, you know, as he's a spiritual endangerment to you and the kids."

Imagine if I'd listened!!
    We're so happy, in love and united in our beliefs. What a waste if I'd gone!!

DNC (who rejects the counsel of elders) xx

PS. See you soon Kaytee.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

DNC,

Good for you, they have destroyed many peoples lives, they couldn't run a rice pudding.!!

There’s a saying, You don't put a fox in charge of the hen house, just because he has a lot of experience with the chickens, but that is exactly what they do.

KT

PS looking forward to meeting you all.

• metaspy
    metaspy

I followed the counsel reluctantly (The PO made threats against every priviledge I held).
    The counsel given was their opinion on how a matter should be handled (the society had no stand on the matter).
    then when I could take it no longer, I showed them Sept.1, 1996 Watchtower where it says Elders will not give their opinion in matters of personal choice. He held true to his threats. Even bringing in the CO against me. (Which I still can't figure out why the CO would go along with opinions rather than the F/D Slave).
    My actual removal was because "I wasn't showing soundness of mind (or reasonableness) in how I was handling situations".
    go figure!

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Hi DNC!

Were I your spouse and got wind of that "counsel" I wouldn't hesitate to hurt that Elder.

I wonder how many spouses have faithfully obeyed such pearls of "wisdom" only to later find they come from false prophets?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i usually didnt have a problem...i was pretty laid back about getting counsel..sometimes it really hurt but generally i tried to apply it if it was applicable and accept that a mistake had been made if it didnt..

my motto was..lifes too short..and nobody died....

until they killed me..

now lifes too long

can't you just feel the irony

• RAF
    RAF
    How did you accept counsel

I did not ... since they were weird to me ... how could I?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit