Cacer and sex

by lighthouse19something 6 Replies latest jw friends

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

Years ago in the awake, they had an article about cancer causes. I'm trying to find the date, but it said cervical cancer can be caused by women having multiple partners, and even said one type of cancer was caused by celibacy.

Does anyone remember the article?

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

lighthouse19something--------I apologize if you already know this stuff. I'm sharing for the sake of those who don't.

Don't remember the article, but cervical cancer has several risk factors, multiple partners being one of them. (Or, her partner having had more than one partner---you know the deal: Each partner your partner has had is basically the same thing as a partner for you, in terms of risk of catching/ spreading disease.)

The other cancer they are probably talking about is prostate cancer. Regular ejaculation (at least once a week, maybe?) keeps the prostate in good working order. So you can kind of liken it to a daily need to blow our nose....

• ajwnm
    ajwnm

The likelihood of you getting cervical cancer increases with the number multiple sexual partners you have because you are more likely to be exposed to the HPV that causes that type of cancer. I find it ironic that there are commercials all over TV now proclaiming how a vaccine can help prevent HPV caused cancers. I don't ever remember seeing one single public service announcements or public health commercials about choosing abstainence to prevent cancer- not ONE in 40 years. Yet I can recall some of those cute commercials about condoms, foam, etc.

Guess the public health depts were too interested in pushing their own agendas to offer info about why NOT having sex could be a HEALTHY alternative for young women- expecially over the long term.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Years ago in the awake, they had an article about cancer causes. I'm trying to find the date, but it said cervical cancer can be caused by womenhaving multiple partners, and even said one type of cancer was caused by celibacy.

Does anyone remember the article?

I don't take issue with what was said here except to say that the information is incomplete: A woman can get cervical cancer even if she has had only one partner in her life. Aman having even one other partner (who was infected, i. e.), can pass on the virus to his new partner---even if he is the only partner she has ever had! So a woman--or even a man--can get HPV and/ or cervical cancer--or cancer of the penis--after having only one partner, if it happens that one partner was infected. I clarify this because some people naively believe that the act of having more than one partner IS itself the cause...and believe that by having only ONE partner, they will then be safe. This works only if BOTH partners have been each other's ONLY partner.... [Remember, people--your partner's sexual history becomes YOUR sexual history!! Use discernment, choose wisely, and get tested...both of you--together!--before you have sexual relations.

• Schism
    Schism

One word:

CONDOMS!!!!!!!!

There, now everyone can do it with however many people they want to

• free2beme
    free2beme
    cervical cancer can be caused by women having multiple partners

That is not something made up by the Watchtower, that is something you can find information on online. It is thought to be a form of STD.

• Schism
    Schism

It's the HPV (human papilloma virus) that is believed to cause cervical cancer. NOT the # of partners a woman has. You can be a female and have one partner and catch the virus from him. The WTS is wrong to twist things to try to scare girls out of having sex. They should have just said, "the more people you have sex with, the greater chance you will have of getting a disease". Not, "Women who have multiple partners might get cancer". It's definitely twisting things to fit their subject at hand, which is what they always do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit