Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

by scout575 5 Replies latest jw friends

• scout575
    scout575

"Do not go back through your vineyard to gather the grapes that were missed or to pick up the grapes that have fallen; leave them for poor people and foreigners. I am the LORD your God." ( Leviticus 19:10 )

"The LORD commanded Moses...If a priest's daughter becomes a prostitute, she disgraces her father; she shall be burnt to death." ( Leviticus 21:1, 9 )

• troucul
    troucul

Me, personally, I think those scriptures are talking about two different concepts... That's just me though

• some-xjw-guy
    some-xjw-guy

Scriptural grounds for them not to bother you with shepherding calls..?

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Me, personally, I think those scriptures are talking about two different concepts... That's just me though

I think the point is that how can this god on one hand teach his people to show mercy on the poor and homeless and at the same time burn someone to death for a lifestyle choice? Seems a bit unstable. But then I can't imagine burning anyone to death.

• troucul
    troucul

To clarify: I think that the first scripture is merely referring to the poor people, who have no lot in life, who do "not know the Lord", so to speak, who are guilty of nothing more than ignorance. They still need to be provided for. Their time will come....

The daughter of the priest, well, she should know better, a harsh sentence I know. The priest father should have been punished for not looking after his own. And he should not have been a priest. (Ludicrous)

I wonder if back in the day this judgement from Moses came from personal experience. I know my dad dealt with this concept.

All we can go on is the information we have at hand...

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I think you are trying to compare apples to oranges here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit