WTBS's contribution in ruining our environment!

by lucifer 2 Replies latest jw friends

• lucifer
    lucifer

After watching "An Inconvenient Truth" I can't get global warming out of my head. We all contribute to ruining our environment but the WTBS is doing a damn good job of killing trees so they can print rubbish that ends up in the trash anyway, grrrr. I just wanted to vent and who better to get mad at than the WTBS...

• james_woods
    james_woods

Actually, a lot of the greenies say that tree carbon dioxide from burning paper or wood is OK on greenhouse gas because the trees sucked their CO2 out of the atmosphere in the first place. Of course, they decry the total clean cutting of most of the forests all at once, and obviously rightly so.

This is also the rationalization for the use of plant-based ethanol; even if it makes CO2 in cars, the plants pulled that same CO2 out of the air the previous year. Not to say I buy into it, but that is one of the arguments made for Ethanol. Wonder if Gore is using it in his Lear Jet? I at least respect Ed Begley Jr. a little more on this because he apparantly actually tries to walk the environmental walk.

But, you would have to admit that the WT are still downing a lot of trees (indirectly) for all the paper. Paper that would be far more useful as a grocery sack (instead of the plastic ones) or even as a hamburger wrapper (instead of the styrofoam ones).

• Honesty
    Honesty

I agree with you, Girl.

The WTBT$ has taken the problem of pollution to an unprecedented Global scale.

They pollute the environment by distributing trash in the form of unread and unsolicited magazines that takes years to degrade.

They pollute 6 million innocent people's minds with heretical trash.

They pollute worship of God with their crazy doctrines.

The list goes on and on and on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit