The Fulfillment of Matthew 24:14 - What Does It Mean For You?

by Nosferatu 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

LOL! I can't wait for that WT magazine to come out. Yeah, I know, another thread on Matt 24:14.

But it's not about the prophecy, it's about how it's going to affect us if this is going to be a worldwide blast of new light. How do you think your JW relatives are going to react to this? How are they going to piss you off even more than they did before? How are you going to react? What are you thoughts going to be?

Here's an example: Currently, me and my mother are not on speaking terms. I could see her coming out of the darkness to give me this "life saving message" that Matt 24:14 has been fulfilled (again). However, if she chooses to stay in the dark, it's all good. Since her grandson is going to be destroyed at armageddon along with his family (me and my wife), my mother doesn't need to get to know him since he's toast anyway, right? That means he doesn't get exposed to my mother's "preaching work".

• Green Chille
    Green Chille

I am going to just smile and pat them on the shoulder and say I am sorry for you. Sorry you have fallen into a cultish trap. If the end does comes..It is NOT the Watchtower publishing company that will save me.... or you.

• zack
    zack

If it has been fulfilled it will affect me thus:

1. I will save money on gas and wear and tear on my vehicle. No more FS

2. I can stay home on Saturdays and sleep in, read the paper, reeeelllllllaaaxxxx....

I'm sure there will be many other benefits.

• Surfrusty
    Surfrusty

I heard from some reliable sources that he went out on a limb and the the WTS didn't sanction those comments. Anyone else hear that?

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

No non-Witness I have spoken to in the half year I have been out has the vaguest idea what Jehovah's Witnesses believe, other than the usual prohibitions against accepting blood transfusions and celebrating holidays. So, the so-called good news of the Kingdom that JW's are supposed to be famous for HAS NOT been preached in all the earth.

Among the Jdubs themselves, I can see the cognitive dissonance growing by leaps and bounds. There has to be a breaking point.

Speaking of cognitive dissonance, it would almost be funny to have a talk about Armageddon being so near one can taste it, followed by a talk on how to will your property to the Watchtower Corporation. I would almost be willing to bet that the baby boomers comprise the majority of Witnesses in the United States at this time. Get them hooked on the idea that the big A will be here before they have to actually retire, and then steal their children's inheritances.

Dave

• Warlock
    Warlock

Can we stop preaching now???

Warlock

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

I find it almost impossible to believe that this is the official Watchtower position. The speaker was probably a maverick, indulging in personal speculation.

The whole organisation revolves entirely around maintaining a sense of 'urgency' and keeping JW's actively out there placing literature, in obedience to their 'commission' at Matt 24: 14

I'm not holding my breath on any 'new light' coming out in a future Watchtower on this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit