Fluff.....Anyone with a bread machine to share recipe's??

by megsmomma 8 Replies latest jw friends

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

My hubby just found a bread machine, barely used for 7bucks...Yee-haw! The only prob is there are no instruction or recipes with it. It is a Toastmaster model #1194. Large capacity with no x-tra place to put the yeast. (My aunt has one where you put the yeast in a top compartment, then it goes in when it is time....mine is not like that)

Any help will be apprecited!! (And help me make my diet harder! LOL!)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Here's a manual in .pdf format you may find useful, though it's for a different model.

http://www.esalton.com/static/manuals/TBR15.pdf

I use a Black & Decker machine.

W

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

The only manual I was able to find for a toastmaster is : http://www.esalton.com/static/manuals/1148X.pdf

I have a Breadman-there are recipes all over the internet that will work for any bread machine-make sure you use the right amount there are 1, 1.5 and 2# recipes.

Different bread machines have different orders that they recommend you put the ingredients in. Mine says to put the water in first, salt, flour and then yeast. My recommendation is that you always keep the yeast and the salt away from each other. There is a reason, but I can't remember it-I think salt inhibits the yeast or something. Also, use warm-ish water-never cold. Find a manual from a machine that LOOKS like yours and the ingredient order should be similar. There are bread cookbooks on amazon that can be gotten for little more than shipping cost ($3.49) if you want your own bread machine cookbook. Betty Crockers Bread Machine cookbook goes on amazon starting at .01. Yes, that is one penny!

I have had 2 breadmakers and recommend that you keep your yeast in the freezer if you buy in bulk. Just take out what you need a few minutes before you plan to bake. If you keep flour in the freezer, same thing, bring to room temp. They are fun and a great way to have fresh bread and much easier than running to the store at the last i=m

• Scully
    Scully

I only use my bread machine to make homemade pizza dough - we never order in pizza anymore.

You should try to find the User Manual for your machine online, because bread machines are very picky about the order in which you deposit your ingredients. For instance, my machine's directions require that the yeast goes in first, followed by the flour, salt, sugar and liquids. My recipe book, which was written with another manufacturer's bread machine in mind, has the liquid going in first and the yeast going in last. It's important to know what your machine "prefers" to get the best results in your finished product.

Make sure you use yeast and flour that is specifically meant to be used in bread machines. If you try with regular ingredients and switch to the bread machine variety, you'll notice a big improvement. Keep your yeast in the fridge between uses so it stays fresh and retains its leavening properties.

When you add the water to your machine, make sure it is slightly warm - tap water is ok. Cold water will chill the yeast and it won't rise as well. Extremely hot water will kill some or all of the yeast, and your dough will not rise.

Here's my pizza dough recipe:

2½ teaspoons of yeast
    3 cups of bread machine flour
    1 teaspoon sugar
    1¼ teaspoon salt
    1 cup + 1 tablespoon warm water

Set the machine to the manual setting. When it has run through the cycle, you'll have enough dough to make 2 large pizzas. Roll the dough to fit 2 pizza pans. Add your toppings and bake at 375°F for 20 minutes (you can switch the pizzas from top to bottom racks at the half-way point of baking to ensure even cooking).

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

I just buy the bulk bags of premixed bread flour with sachets of rising stuff ,and on the pachet it lists different models and their formula weights mmmmmmcan almost smell it baking now

• rekless
    rekless

I pour my liquid in the pan first along with any cheese and peppers then dump the flour & other dry flavorssuch as garlic salt, pepper, rosemary and etc. onto the liquid, then I poke my finger into the flour and pour a packet of Fleshman dry yeast into the hole ( do not let the Yeast touch the water) set the machine on and set to dark. yummy

• garybuss
    garybuss

I bought one and it was quite a toy 6 or 7 years ago. It was too much trouble to use and clean up. It's in the basement proudly gathering dust along with the exercise ball and the chair massager.

I make bread all the time with our Hobart kitchen mixer. Three cups of water makes three one pound loaves of bread. My favorite bread is made with whole wheat, wheat germ, wheat bran, no sugar and no fat.

Due to my superior Jehovah's Witness education, and 1960's vintage expectations of the imminent end of the world, I had the unforgettable experience of working nights in a bakery for 11 years. All that netted me was a dislike for getting up early in the morning and a good ability to make bread and other traditional bakery items.

• vitty
    vitty

It didnt matter what recipe or ingredients I used my bread always turned out like a brick. So I put it away and never use it

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Some good recipies on this thread

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/100000/1.ashx

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit