"Children of Men"

by becca1 2 Replies latest jw friends

• becca1
    becca1

JUst saw this movie. I liked it and I hated it. Interesting theme and fast paced plot. However, it is sooo intense, trully nerveracking. Maybe I just wan't in the mood for so much intensity. Very dark and dreary as well. Go see it, but make sure you're up for it.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I saw it last night too. It was visually interesting and I liked Clive Owens a great deal in the role. Wasn't it great that he was kind of stuck without shoes so long? That seemed pretty real. I don't want to post any spoilers so I'll be careful. Michael Caine was tremendous in this film. He's been in so many movies that one comedian said that Michael Caine showed up in his home movies!

My nephew who is not a baptized Witnoid woudn't go because it was rated R. Geez. I know the little sucker rents them later when no one is looking. We had a blast anyway. Yes, its very dark, granted. The future looks pretty grim by that movie's measure. Even so, it was a real thrill ride of a movie. It was short on answers, but fun to look at. I didn't realize how deadly a car door could be!

W.Once

• blondie
    blondie

I read the book several years ago, in fact I have a copy on my library shelf right now. I started reading P.D. James because she is an excellent mystery writer. This was definitely a departure for her. I hope it lives up to the book. I will be going, R-rated or not. So many JWs just rent it or wait till it is on cable...

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit