First DA Over UN/WT Issue!

by messenger 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• messenger
    messenger

I was sent this email from a close personal friend who has served as an elder for several years. It is a copy of excerpts of his disassociation letter sent to his local congregation and the Society on Tuesday of this week. Perhaps this is the first DA over the UN/WT relationship. It seemed to be the proverbial last "straw" for him. I do not think it will be the last DA letter for others.

He has never been on this board and I encouraged him to visit, if he does it will be by the name at the end of his letter.

9-25-01

Cxxxxxxx Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses
    c/o Watchtower Bible and Tract Society

Dear Friends,

I have some rather complicated issues to address, I do not harbor negative feelings toward any of those associated with the organization nor have I done anything wrong. I am grateful for what I have learned and for some good memories.

I am taking a life changing and life affirming action for sound scriptural reasons, actually, I liken the Watchtower movement to John the Baptist's work and the current group of Witness’s, are like his followers, preferring the old way and not listening to the kingdom message as it overtakes them. At any rate, being wrong about 1914 and not repenting makes the Society a false prophet and you know what that means for its members, so that naturally gave me pause.

The Watchtower is in bed with the UN. See documentation. Nothing need be said. Caught like an unfaithful wife. I don't know about you men, but it's "get out of her my people" time for me. I no longer want to be known as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, nor do I want in any way whatsoever to be associated with Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of NY, Penn., and whatever alias they may operate under these days.

I will associate with the Free Christian Movement, keeping our core beliefs, minus the awful cultic control of Watchtower.

Sincerely,

LateRain

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Messenger,

thanks for sharing with us

your friend's letter. No need for many comments!

Logical, well written factual...straight on target!

For sure he is a lover of T R U T H !

Greetings, J.C MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Messenger: Great news! Thanks for posting this!

TS,

• roybatty
    roybatty

And I can't believe they kicked me out for joining the YMCA! LOL

• Englishman
    Englishman

Roybatty,

Is that a Tony Curtis look-alike kit you are a-sportin' in your pic?

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• Moxy
    Moxy

thx messenger. how long ago was he an elder? sounds like he was already inactive for some time. how long?

mox

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

I am glad to see a Witness taking a stand on this issue. They are taught to bury their heads in the sand and ignore such information if it's not coming directly from the Watchtower Society. It's good to know that there are some who still try to figure things out without the WTS.

• messenger
    messenger

He last served as an elder in 1999, when he stepped down over how the society handled a case of molestation.

• outnfree
    outnfree
    He last served as an elder in 1999, when he stepped down over how the society handled a case of molestation.

I love LateRain already!
    Hurry to the board, LateRain, please????

Thanks for posting this, messenger.

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit