JW and reasoning?

by looking_glass 1 Replies latest jw friends

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

So the same JW chick who sent me the whole urban legend of the people who wanted to adopt a kid and then just happened to adopt a kid whose JW parents died and he was looking for JW parents and I were talking last night.

So I am talki'n to this chick and she asks about inactive JW friend and I say she and her new non-JW hubby are do'n really well. Of course JW chick finds this hard to believe because of the whole "unevenly yoked" crap. So of course this irritates me and I say .. how many JW marriages do we know that have ended in divorce? now how many "worldly" people divorces do we know of? I went thru the list. But the classic ... wait for it ......... She said that the reason the JWs that I named ended in divorce but the JW person who married a "worldly" person is still together is because Satan is putting more pressure on the JWs then he is on the "worldly" people.

Really it made me laugh and I said to her ... so in other words worldly people are just screwed because Jah does not want them and Satan does not want them (at least based on your theory).

She chuckled and we changed the subject

• Mystla
    Mystla

Reasoning? There is no reasoning with unreasonable people.

That was some really twisted "reasoning" on her part. Isn't it amazing how every thing can be qualified as "the devil did it" or "Jehovah blessed them" depending on the situation and their bias? Someones good marriage can't be a "blessing" if they aren't serving god... it's the devil keeping them from seeing the error of their ways!!! Or.. turn it around and it's because the devil isn't concerned with her, she's already "out" he has to concentrate on loyal JW's.

Ugh... this making my brain hurt.. too much "independant thinking" on my part... I better go read a watchtower.

Misty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit