Fred Franz Picture in Watchtower Nov 1, 2001 ! ! !

by alliwannadoislive 4 Replies latest jw friends

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

Browsing through the Watchtower of 1st November and I was reading the story of Russell Kurzen. On page 23, there's a picture of him with Albert Schroeder, Eduardo Keller and Fred Franz.

Your thoughts on this plz - is it a softening of attitude ? I would have thought it (policy wise) would have been inappropriate for them to, in a sense, acknowledge Mr Franz as a 'brother'. Am I being cynical in thinking that, with digital technology, the picture could have been revised, as is so with many other aspects of Watchtower history ?

• anglise
    anglise

Think you are getting muddled up with Ray Franz his nephew who wrote CofC

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

sheesh ! .. thought it was a little weird ...

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Your thoughts on this plz - is it a softening of attitude ? I would have thought it (policy wise) would have been inappropriate for them to, in a sense, acknowledge Mr Franz as a 'brother'.

You must be thinking of Ray Franz, the nice guy who was shafted by the society. Fred Franz, his Uncle, was the DipFuck responsible for most of the doctrinal sewage the society currently finds themselves trying to slosh through, including the blood issue.

Freddie was the society's "oracle" for nearly 80 years, yet not ONE of his many books is still in print. Same with Rutherford before him and Russell before him.

One cannot continue to sell books unless new garbage is issued to replace old garbage. People get wise to the old garbage and it no longer sells, but for some strange reason they just keep coming back for new garbage. For the life of me, I cannot understand why.

Farkel

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Farkel,

a very good answer:

"One cannot continue to sell books unless new garbage is issued to replace old garbage. People get wise to the old garbage and it no longer sells, but for some strange reason they just keep coming back for new garbage. "

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit