The wt society - and hell

by A Paduan 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

"Hell" has word meaning roots of "a concealed place" as does "cell", and "an abode of the dead" - it is often described as prison, and since the middle ages it has been figuratively used to describe a bad experience.

When I read people posting the term "Kingdumb Hell" it reminds me that the jw denial of endless punishment as a living-dead person is simply a denial of their own existence. Indeed it comes with a continual burning (desire) and fire and brimstone (the threats and fear of harm, and labour).

My response to their "there is no such thing" is "Really ?"

• thebiggestlie
    thebiggestlie

i feel like i'm in hell in the org.... “that is where the weeping and the gnashing of the teeth will be” I cant tell you how depressed i feel at times feeling so isolated and stuck in this fairy tale dream world thats supposed to be a spiritual paradise. Give me a break...

• 5go
    5go

Funny I though it originated from the name of the norse goddess Hel. Her domain is like the domain the richman ( from the lazarus parable) went to in the bible after he died. She is the god bad nordic people went to after they died. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hel_%28being%29

In fact it is !

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

It seems to me that many people have a living hell right here and now. Perhaps the deepest are the ones of their own making.

Frustration, fear and loneliness... does it get worse than that?

• thebiggestlie
    thebiggestlie

i *heart* wikipedia.... if it werent for that site and the research i did there i might still believe the WT dogma....

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Bind him hand and foot, and cast him into the outer darkness; there men will weep and gnash their teeth.

They don't give to charities, or go anywhere else - blinded in darkness, suffering sparing levels of forgiveness (which is actually a deal or trade), and you only have to see the mags when it comes to gnashing at everyone else.

Every biblical description of "the wrong end of the stick" that I ever read about points to places like the wtbts.

Is it just me or what ?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I think the expression that you're looking for is "contrary". The more contrary they can be the better, it would seem

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    Her domain is like the domain the richman ( from the lazarus parable) went to in the bible after he died.

That would be Hades - and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes, and saw Abraham far off - Hades is different

• its death is an evil death, and Hades is preferable to it. It will not be master over the godly, and they will not be burned in its flame.
    • sing praise to him and highly exalt him for ever; for he has rescued us from Hades.........from the midst of the fire he has delivered us.

Being "dead" does not necessarily mean being in Hades, and one can be freed from Hades.

• For he afflicts, and he shows mercy; he leads down to Hades, and brings up again, and there is no one who can escape his hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something that jwism also doesn't address is how being in 'hell' is punishment at the same time as merciful - ie. if you chose it, you don't even know you're there, but you do know torment because good things "are going to come, real soon, really, it's just around the corner"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit